Thread: Another 4 days in the Hospital!

Thanks

Default Another 4 days in the Hospital!

Last month I was in the hospital for 4 days and last Thursday while at my doctor's office she made me go to emergency and they admitted me for another 4 days. I have internal bleeding and they can't find the source. During an endoscopy they found a couple of blood vessels that they cauterized but they think there may be more.

I have the camera in me waiting for it to come out in my stool. LOL But if they don't find anything significant they want me to go to Stanford or UCSF for further studies. Has anyone had a similar problem and could this be caused by Lupus? My hemoglobin drops again within days of being transfused.

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

First let me say how sorry I am that you are going through this. Now I must say that I laughed about the camera! I have never heard about such a thing! Please keep us posted as to what they find out. I will keep you in my thoughts. Good luck to you
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

Thanks tgal!! My doctor has quite the sense of humor and I thought he was joking, but nope. LOL It was a nano computer/camera in a capsule that I swallowed. It sends pictures and I think data to their computer. I felt like I was in a sci-fi movie or time-warp. LOL

During the endoscopy my doctor said he saw scaring that looked like I had been cut from the inside. He said it was like a surgical scar running across my abdomen. I've never had surgery on my stomach and even if I had it wouldn't explain how the scaring was only inside. He didn't know if it could be related to Lupus but said it's possible.

Thanks

Good luck! (thanks for the giggles about the camera (: nearly snorted milk out my nose.) It's amazing that you're keeping your sense of humour, great job. I can't really comment on what you're going through, but I'll keep you in my thoughts and look forward to updates.

Hugs,
    Han xx
    Sow a thought and reap an act,
    Sow an act and reap a habit,
    Sow a habit and reap a character,
    Sow a character and reap a destiny.
    ***GROW Blue Book pg 32***

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hugs to you, I can believe you thought you were in a SciFi movie. Now I'm trying for an LOL or at least a smile......... "Have you been visited by aliens?"

All kidding aside, I'm just going to send you good thoughts, prayers and plenty of hugs
    nonna