Thread: Bruising too but not on pred?

Thanks

Question Bruising too but not on pred?

I have had bruising too but im not on prednisone...only ever been put on it once for a few days but that was prob close to 2 yrs ago now. I am currently on Plaquenil, Prilosec, Keppra, Allegra, Flonase, Vit D, Folic Acid, & a Daily Prenatal. I started having bruising weeks ago and it's taking forever to heal. I've also had what will be my 5th infection since the birth of my daughter September 20th 2010. Have had some lupus flaring but not majorly. Now I've been running a 100 degree fever(although my normal temp is low..97s)for the past few days and not had much of an appetite along with a headache all over my head and last night a sharp, stabbing lightning like pain shoot down the left side of the back of my neck...not sure if any of this is related to the bruising, but just trying to figure out if anyone else has had problems because i dont remember hitting anywhere i have bruises except maybe my knee caps..i can lean on the floor and get them just from that. I also have a nice bruise on my hand from having blood drawn weeks ago, however they only did an HCG test for pregnancy because I was getting birth control so I dont know what my blood counts are at present. Back in nov they were normal but my platelets were 20,000 lower than they had been in May. Any suggestions? Thanks. -Brittanee
    *LadyBug*- Epilepsy Dx: 2003 & UCTD w/SLE features Dx: 2009 SLE/Lupus Dx: May 12th 2011--Current Meds:
    Plaquenil-200mg 2x/day
    Prednisone-7.5mg 1x/day
    Methotrexate- 2.5mg 4 pills 1x/week
    Keppra-750mg 2x/day
    Daily Vitamin-1x/day
    Folic Acid- 1mg 1x/day
    Protonix 40mg 1x/day
    Bentyl- 10mg 4x/day, Miralax- 17g 1x/day
    Vit. D 800IU's 1x/day
    Lyrica- 75mg 1x/day
    Flonase 50mcg 2 sprays each 1x/day

Wanna know my story, just ask!

*Lord_Walters_Lady* <3

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I bruised before pred also; pred only made it worse. How are you on vitamin E? I've been told to take some every day. So I take 200 IUs, I know it's supposed to heal (or maybe its brain fog).

Check it out

Nonna

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I bruise too easily IMO too. I don't know why and the docs don't seem so concerned but I have noticed since I have upped my potassium intake I bruise less. I don't know if there is a link or a coincidence or something alltogether different that I don't recognize.
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Thanks

Sandy - How much did you up your potassium by? Are you taking a supplement?

Thanks

Hey there. Went to the primary dr today. I have a uti so that explains the fever. For some reason when I get infections I dont get the normal symptoms..it's like my lupus masks the infections or something it's strange. Anyhow, were not sure on the bruising since my last labs in november were normal. I'm getting more done soon so well see what shows up. Oh, she put me on Bactrim which I realized is a sulfa antibiotic. Don't think I've taken one of those since I've had lupus but I've heard people can be allergic and/or flare from them? Think I should take them as trial and error or talk to my rheumy first?

And out of my last labs in november my levels were normal besides my vitamin D which was low but I've been on 800 IU's daily since then.
    *LadyBug*- Epilepsy Dx: 2003 & UCTD w/SLE features Dx: 2009 SLE/Lupus Dx: May 12th 2011--Current Meds:
    Plaquenil-200mg 2x/day
    Prednisone-7.5mg 1x/day
    Methotrexate- 2.5mg 4 pills 1x/week
    Keppra-750mg 2x/day
    Daily Vitamin-1x/day
    Folic Acid- 1mg 1x/day
    Protonix 40mg 1x/day
    Bentyl- 10mg 4x/day, Miralax- 17g 1x/day
    Vit. D 800IU's 1x/day
    Lyrica- 75mg 1x/day
    Flonase 50mcg 2 sprays each 1x/day

Wanna know my story, just ask!

*Lord_Walters_Lady* <3

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TrinaD View Post
    Sandy - How much did you up your potassium by? Are you taking a supplement?
    When I went to the ER last year they told me to add a 1/2 banana a day to my diet in the morning. That seems to do it. I notice when I don't get my bananas there is also a big difference in how my stomach is feeling and the IBS seems worst.
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Thanks

Sandy - that's amazing! A simple thing like half a banana! I'm glad you found some sort of relieft for your IBS also.