Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Left side back pain

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Default Left side back pain

OK everyone, I know the first instinct is to tell me that I need to see a doctor. I have no insurance right now and try to go only if it is absolutely necessary. I am afraid this may be one of those instances but I thought I would stop by here to see if anyone had any advice.

I am having pain in my back on the left side. It feels like it is most likely my lung because it hurts when I breathe and when I move. I am not running fever and have no other symptoms (well, other than the normal stuff). Any ideas of what I can do to help this? Any old home remedies out there?
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tgal View Post
    OK everyone, I know the first instinct is to tell me that I need to see a doctor. I have no insurance right now and try to go only if it is absolutely necessary. I am afraid this may be one of those instances but I thought I would stop by here to see if anyone had any advice.

I am having pain in my back on the left side. It feels like it is most likely my lung because it hurts when I breathe and when I move. I am not running fever and have no other symptoms (well, other than the normal stuff). Any ideas of what I can do to help this? Any old home remedies out there?
    Hi Mari,

I have had the same thing on Christmas Eve , it had started at work and got worse as the day progressed.
    Finally it was so bad, that I could not take a deep breath, breathing shallow, was all I could do.
    I went on line and checked out what to do if it was pleuracy ( I know that is not the way to spell it),
    anyway it said to take anti inflammatories. I did and felt better two days later.
    When I saw my rheumy a week later and he said that is what he would have prescribed for a mild case like mine.
    BUT he also said it should have been checked out by a doctor, because it could have been pneunomia.
    It was very painful, at first I thought, that I had a pulled muscle, but it only hurt while breathing.

I hope this helps, even though, you know the best thing would be to see the doctor.
    I do understand that is almost impossible, whitout insurance.
    Feel better soon.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Mari,

Yes ,like Debbie at Christmas i too had pleurisy and you need to see a doctor really.But if you have ins. take pain killers and then paracetamol to bring your temp down even if you dont think you have one,it will help with the pain.Also lots of pillows and a hot water bottle helps if you can somehow,like i did rest it on the spot.Really you need anti biotics,but pain killers are a good start.Hope it eases soon my friend.

love n gentle hugs
    Amanda.xxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Thanks

Can't offer any advice, tgal, but wanted to send get well wishes your way.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I get that feeling at times. I'm told it's the rib cartiledge around the lungs is inflammed and that I should use an ice pack to help bring the swelling down. I would say that going to the dr is a good suggestion. If it is pleurisy you will not want to let that go.
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Thanks

My thoughts are with you tgal. It's unfathomable that in the USA people can't get treated for medical conditions when needed! Especially with a chronic condition as serious as ours that needs to be monitored. I sure hope you get approval on your Medicare soon!!

Thanks

My rhuem has me on 6000mg of fish oil a day for inflammation. It takes about six weeks to work, though, so absolutely not helpful in this situation. Has it improved at all today tgal?

Love
    H
    Sow a thought and reap an act,
    Sow an act and reap a habit,
    Sow a habit and reap a character,
    Sow a character and reap a destiny.
    ***GROW Blue Book pg 32***

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Thanks to everyone for the info and the concern. I see I posted this in the wrong section LOL. Yeah, that brain fog has been running thick. It seems to be a little bit better although it still hasn't been fun. Ya'll are all so sweet and I am so glad to be a part of such a great group of people
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Blog Entries
    Thanks

if you're still in pain today I think you should go to the doc, the ER or the doc in a box (clinic) and nip this in the bud before your little pain becomes a huge problem. XOXO Sandy
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hope today you have eased a little ....if not you know what to do..lots of love.xxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx