Thread: hip

Thanks

Default hip

i am wondering if there are anyone out there that experiences hip pain sometimes i feel like i can't walk

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,743 Times in 1,212 Posts

Hi Marilyn and welcome to WHL! We are so glad that you found us and decided to join.

To answer your question the answer is YES! My hips and knees two of the worse for me although I also have trouble with my thumb and index finger. I have actually had to start using a cane at times due to pain and/or just being so off balance that I fall often. I know others will come here and answer you as well but once again I want to welcome you to the family. Please make yourself and home and I look forward to getting to know you
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

Thank you tgal sometimes i think my husband thinks i am a hypochondriac i hurt all the time very rare do i feel energy if we go anywhere i feel wiped out when i get home i have insomnia bad i go from the couch to the chair from the chair to the recliner to the floor i sometimes i feel like i am so alone in this my husband is supportive but i hate complaining all the time and i wonder if he thinks maybe its not as bad as i make it sound
    Thanks Marilync

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,743 Times in 1,212 Posts

I understand completely! Not sure if this will help him or not but it is worth a try. This is called "the spoon theory" and it is the closest I have seen as a way to describe how we feel

http://www.butyoudontlooksick.com/ar...e-miserandino/

PS You are not alone anymore. You are part of our WHL family and we will always be here for you
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hello Marilyn

Yes the hip pain sucks I get them a lot to the point where I can't walk .I thought I was the only one with this isssue now I see I'm not alone. My left hip bothers me more than the right and when the pain sets in no matter which way I turn or try to stay off of it nothing works. You are not alone in this area. Usally when this happens it's time for ER visit or if I'm not being stubborn I'll give in and get IV solu-medrol from my Rheumy, just had an episode about two weeks ago (not fun). I was diagnosed going on 6 years now and the last two year have been a B***h to put it lightly. I hope your situation is better than mine would not wish this kind of pain on anyone. Take it one day at a time shoot sometime one hour at a time and you will be ok. I hope this helped this site has really awesome people and will help you any questions you might have. I'm not on as often as I would like but I'm kind of like a hermit when the lupus is kicking my but (litterally) I tend to shut down. so dont be like me and you should make many friends on here. Wishing you all the luck . a pain free hug from me to you. Slim

Blog Entries
    Thanks

YES, for sure. I have Rheumatoid Arthritis ontop of the Lupus and I have a very bad left hip. I have trochanteric chronic hip bursitis, my bursa is ALWAYS inflammed and it drives me crazy and hurt's really badly. I have had 3 steroid shots but they only last for a few months and then the pain and swelling comes back in full force. Anti inflammatory medication doesn't really do much for me either so I just deal with it day by day. Some days its excrutiating, and other days its tolerable, but there isn't a day where I don't feel it. I have a cane for those really bad days otherwise I can't walk at all without it. I am hoping to have surgery one day to just take it out, but right now my doctor isn't willing to do that.
    "With gentle hands and the heart of a fighter, I am a survivor!" - Reba McEntire

Thanks

Hi Marilyn,
    Welcome to WHL!
    Oh yes, both of my hips hurt all of the time, with the pain extending down through my thighs, knees and calf muscles. I always walk with a cane, keep my rollator handy in the house, and I use a wheelchair for long trips.
    My hips are a real pain when I try to roll over in bed. I have to sit up and pull myself from one side to the other.
    I hope that you can get some relief for it. If you find something that works, let me know!
    Hugs,
    Marla