Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: left shoulder pain and left abdimon pain

Thanks

Unhappy left shoulder pain and left abdimon pain

i've had sharp left shoulder pain and left abdimon pain for about 5 days now. they both hurt worse when i eat pretty much anything. i called the oncall dr over the weekend and i'm pretty much stuck waiting for my dr to be back in the office on tuesday unless i want to take a trip to the ER to be checked out. the only thing that i've noticed has helped is heat and not eating much. has anyone else had pain like this? was it lupus related? does anything help? last night i kept waking up from the pain and i'm not looking forward to turning off the heating pad tonight. :/
    "Just like the butterfly, I too will awaken in my own time."-Deborah Chaskin

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I for one would head for the ER. But i panic easily. The 2 pains may or may not be inter-related. I'm not a medical person. But as it is sharp pain, I'd go. Why suffer until tomorrow?

Others will be along soon with their thoughts,
    hugs
    nonna

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,732 Times in 1,205 Posts

I have to agree with Nonna. When you start talking about pain in your Left Shoulder that is nothing to mess around with. Heart Attacks can appear as shoulder/neck/arm pain so I wouldn't mess with that one. It could be something very small but that is something I wouldn't mess with. Keep us posted!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

I called the oncall dr again and my doctor is on..so I'm just waiting for a call back--hopefully he'll have some good advice.Thanks for your help!

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,732 Times in 1,205 Posts

Please keep us posted!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Please keep us posted.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I'm just reading this but I'm glad you called the doc. what did he say?
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tgal View Post
    I have to agree with Nonna. When you start talking about pain in your Left Shoulder that is nothing to mess around with. Heart Attacks can appear as shoulder/neck/arm pain so I wouldn't mess with that one. It could be something very small but that is something I wouldn't mess with. Keep us posted!
    Signs of a heart attack can often appear much different from woman than as described above and can seem as though they are "flu-like" symptoms. This information is important for all of us to know so here is a good link with a description of Heart Attack Symptoms for Women.
    http://womenshealth.about.com/cs/hea...fheartatta.htm
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Thanks

Turns out it's gastroperesis. I have to 'drink' my food for a while..i've been feeling a lot better since changing to liquids. I had it before but i had no idea it could cause pain like that! thank you all for making sure i called my doc. i will be getting botox in my stomach next tues..it relaxes the muscles so i can eat normal food again! i've had it done before but it just feels like one more thing when i feel like i've had enough lately.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Thanks for keeping us posted; I actually had something like that ba k in the 70's. Had to take a med and have nothing but liquids for 3 months.

Glad you'll be ok

Nonna