Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CDC Arthritis Breakdown

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Default CDC Arthritis Breakdown

I was reading tonight on the CDC website and noticed that the CDC has Lupus listed as a subtype of Arthritis. While I thought that was very strange I was even more shocked to see Fibromyalgia listed there as well!

Did anyone else know this? Am I the only one taken by surprise by this? If you don't believe me check it out for yourself!

http://www.cdc.gov/arthritis/basics/types.htm
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

Mari,
    I'm not surprised by the Lupus - there is Lupus Arthritis, and I'm sure that is what they were thinking of.
    It does surprise me that they listed Fibro. I guess it must be gaining some respect in the medical community - good to see.
    It does affect the joints - right? I suppose that if it affects the joints, they list it as a subtype of arthritis.
    Hugs,
    Marla

Thanks

Mari,
    Thank's for the information! And i surley did'nt know this. But 5 yr's back when my symptoms started getting worse, acheing all over like the flu & severe joint pain and chills i went to
    an after hours clinic i was so sick. They drew lot's of blood and it come back high ana, inflamation etc and that's when i was DX'd with fibromyalgia!
    Thanks, Mari for the link!
    Hug's to you Diane,
    ~Where Hope Grow's, Miracle's Blossom~
    Diagnosed,
    (CNS) Vasculitis, Lupus, Neuro-Behcet's, Raynaud's, Fibromyalgia, Diabetes, Earley M.S., Buerger's Syndrome.

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

This is just my opinion, but over the years I've come to the conclusion that the CDC is one of the most screwed up and backwards organizations I've ever dealt with. For example, look at both of their A-Z index search tools, and you will not find any category for autoimmune disorders, or even a category for Multiple Sclerosis. What you will find, is extensive information on things that are not even diseases-like pages of articles on gunshot wounds. Since when is a gunshot wound considered a disease? Is there a vaccine that will make you immune to getting shot? And having Lupus listed as a form of arthritis, instead of an autoimmune disorder is ridiculous. Of course, how could they, since they don't even have autoimmune disorders listed as a type of disease in the first place.

I'll get off of my soapbox now,

Rob

ETA:This is an interesting article, and be sure to read the comments section as well-

http://behindthesurface.blogspot.com...candal-20.html
    Last edited by rob; 01-17-2011 at 07:10 AM.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I get a kick out of when I drive by the CDC on my way house. It looks like a concentration camp. Maybe they are spending the time on security and not on definitive research

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Nonna For This Useful Post:

tgal (01-22-2011)

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nonna View Post
    I get a kick out of when I drive by the CDC on my way house. It looks like a concentration camp. Maybe they are spending the time on security and not on definitive research
    I thought about calling them and asking if I could get a booster shot to ward off a 12 gauge and a .357 magnum. Perhaps I should ask for Dr. Mengele...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to rob For This Useful Post:

tgal (01-22-2011)

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

I needed that laugh!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

Careful Rob!
    They might lock you up for study!
    Nonna's comment made me think of "The Secret of Nihm"
    Remember that one?
    Hugs,
    Marla

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by magistramarla View Post
    Careful Rob!
    They might lock you up for study!
    Nonna's comment made me think of "The Secret of Nihm"
    Remember that one?
    Hugs,
    Marla
    I sure do. I need to dig it out and watch it

Blog Entries
    Thanks

When I first started seeing a rheumatologist 2 years ago I asked why do I have to go to the arthritis dr for an AI issue. I was told that almost all the AI diseases are arthritic diseases - they all have arthritis as a major symptom - and are actually all cousins of each other that share many other similar symptoms such as skin involvement/rashes. The list of diseases they said can be described as this at the time included Lupus, Juvenile Diabetes (Type 1), Psoriatic Arthritis, Rheumatic Arthritis, Sarcoidosis, MCTD. I think the list is probably a little different now.
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.