Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bruises that won't go away

Thanks

Red face Bruises that won't go away

So I have these these mystery bruises that are faded but not quite gone (as if I hit myself and it's on that last few days of healing) - they are on and around my shins near my ankles, and a couple on my arms (where I KNOW I DID hit myself months ago).

I have tried rubbing them, and they are not going away.

Has anyone had any sucess with Arnica creams, or creams similar to Tri-derma (which has MSM in it, and used to treat diabetic bruising)?

Any other suggestions would be GREAT!

I don't want to go on my carribbean honeymoon with bruises all over

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Hi Trina,

My bruises take forever to heal but since it is just me and my daughter I don't worry about it. Hopefully you get some good answers from others!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Trina
    are you on Prednisone? I bruised badly last June from IV attempts; I'm still showing faded bruises. I asked the doctor about them and she checked them. She decided it was due to the prednisone. As for making them disappear, I'd sure interested in learning how

nonna

Thanks

Oh, I'm sure it's from Prednisone, at least, the ease at which I bruise. I know I have thin skin so I'm vulnerable.

I wonder if rubbing alcohol helps...some how I doubt it will (I tried it for a while but gave up)...lol

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi im not too sure,like everyone have said maybe the pred,but id ask the doctor just in case.I know your blood sometimes when its a bit anemic n stuff you bruise easy but im going for the pred....get a check up.Sorry im not much use lol.
    love
    Amanda.xxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Angel Oliver View Post
    Hi im not too sure,like everyone have said maybe the pred,but id ask the doctor just in case.I know your blood sometimes when its a bit anemic n stuff you bruise easy but im going for the pred....get a check up.Sorry im not much use lol.
    love
    Amanda.xxxx
    Amanda,
    What kind of anemia?

I used to be very anemic. Do I need to get that checked?

Nonna

Thanks

I have gotten a vitamin B-12 shot, a year ago, the bruise is still there.
    When I got home from the rheumy after that shot and looked in the mirror( which was difficult, because it was on my backside, pretty close to my hip.) it was purple and black. Like I said it's still there.
    I was not on pred back then.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

Thanks

Well I did some bloodwork last week with my Naturo so I'll be discussing the results on Thursday (I think). We're looking at Iron levels, my thyroid and Vit. D deficiency...

I'll be shocked if it's any of them! Or maybe nothing surprises me anymore lol

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I bruise like a peach, which is to say easily and often, and I am not on prednisone. I think it's one of those weird AI things. If your honeymoon (and congratulations on that wedding!) is coming up quickly, I know there is some good makeup you can use to look less bruised. Some of it's even waterproofed so if you are going warm and tropical you don't have to worry about the waves washing it off.
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Thanks

Thanks Sandy!

I have the spray on legs from shoppers...what is the brand you're talking about and where do you get it?

I like to tan a lot on vacation so not sure how that will turn out lol