Thread: Tensing up and clenching teeth

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Tensing up and clenching teeth

I have been doing this lately I guess as a reaction to pain I'm trying to ignore. Does anyone else? It makes my jaw hurt I've been doing it so much. The weather change has hurt my body big time and taken so much energy out of me. Right now I'm having to keep telling myself to stop tensing up all my muscles. I just want to curl up in a ball!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Those two things are symptoms of stress. I suggest you google pain and stress for remedies.

Since pain pills don't work for me after 40 years, I had to find ways around meds.
    I get my body temp up with a hot bath; it also relaxes the muscles. Wrap up in a blanket, and tell myself to relaxmy muscles starting with my toes working up to my head. Visualizing a sorts of different ways to relax. Then I start a movie or read a book; anything to take my mind away from reality.

This is what works for me. Different things work for different people.
    Good Luck
    nonna

Thanks

Yes, I clench my jaw a lot and I have TMJ. I seem to have tight muscles all over my body.
    I get massages to try to relax, and the masseuse is always telling me that I'm too tight and need to learn to relax - Ha!
    Hugs,
    Marla

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Yes i have this and its awful TMJ.I had lock jaw a few times as well,very painful.Maybe ask your dentist to check your jaw you may need a jaw protector for your teeth,they're called something else i forget now lol.Hope it begins to ease or you relax enough for it to ease.Im no doctor or dentist so get it checked either way.Thinking of you.
    Lots of love.xxxxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I think I clench my teeth really hard at night while I sleep to deal with the pain or something, becasue when I wake up in the morning, I usually have a sore jaw, but this is besides the fact that I already have arthritis in my jaw.
    "With gentle hands and the heart of a fighter, I am a survivor!" - Reba McEntire