Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: react to tomatoes?

Thanks

Default react to tomatoes?

Does anyone else have SLE issues when they eat tomatoes? I know some foods like dairy and eggs cause flares for me - if I eat an ice cream shake I can just plan on staying in bed the next day. But lately I seem to be reacting to fresh tomatoes, too.
    ~ Morrison
    SLE and Sjogrens
    It's hard to take over the world when you sleep 20 hours a day (Get Fuzzy)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi, reactions to certain foods seem to vary with people. I for one have found myself reacting badly to the acid in tomatoes at the moment. IBS gets going full blast a half hour afterwards. I can't tell you don't eat them, I have little willpower when it comes to food. I seem to rather suffer through it than give up a food I love. Shame on me.

I googled Lupus and food reactions and there are some very interesting articles, too many to pick from to post a link. Check them out

hugs
    nonna

Thanks

My second child was highly reactive to foods when she was a baby. I was totally nursing her, but she would react if I ate tomatoes and a whole list of other foods.
    I had to go onto a highly restricted diet while I nursed her, and I nursed her for two years to avoid problems.
    As an older child, she was lactose intolerant and still reacted to acidic foods, but seemed to grow out of it as a teen.

Now that she is 31, she's highly lactose intolerant again, and has been dx'd with gluten intolerance. She also has poly-cystic ovarian syndrome, and has been told that she is pre-diabetic. Diabetes doesn't run in our family, either.
    IMO, this is autoimmune issues striking again. Hillary just has it differently from her old Mom.

Nonna, my fourth child, Kayla, was dx'd with IBS. (So was her cat - LOL) Now, both KK and Gizmo are on special diets!
    Hugs,
    Marla

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by magistramarla View Post
    My second child was highly reactive to foods when she was a baby. I was totally nursing her, but she would react if I ate tomatoes and a whole list of other foods.
    I had to go onto a highly restricted diet while I nursed her, and I nursed her for two years to avoid problems.
    As an older child, she was lactose intolerant and still reacted to acidic foods, but seemed to grow out of it as a teen.

Now that she is 31, she's highly lactose intolerant again, and has been dx'd with gluten intolerance. She also has poly-cystic ovarian syndrome, and has been told that she is pre-diabetic. Diabetes doesn't run in our family, either.
    IMO, this is autoimmune issues striking again. Hillary just has it differently from her old Mom.

Nonna, my fourth child, Kayla, was dx'd with IBS. (So was her cat - LOL) Now, both KK and Gizmo are on special diets!
    Hugs,
    Marla
    Your second child sounds like she should be mine. the now that's she's 31 sounds just like me

special diets huh? this food-o-holic can't seem to stop eating the things she shouldn't

LOL that's life,
    nonna

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Just a quick note to add to the information you've already received. With reference to Lupus and tomatoes..Foods high in histamine, such as tomatoes, have been blamed for exacerbations of Lupus symptoms. This is not true of every Lupus patient, as we all react to the disease differently. However, if you notice that your symptoms become worse (on multiple occasions) after ingesting tomatoes, then by all means, limit your intake.

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Wow , Susie
    histamines in food???? I didn't know that. I'll have to start taking my antihistamine regularly again
    thanks for the info
    nonna

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by magistramarla View Post

Hugs,
    Marla
    Your second child sounds like she is me!
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SandyR View Post
    Your second child sounds like she is me!
    Your second child sounds like she should be mine. the now that's she's 31 sounds just like me

LOL that's life,
    nonna

Does this mean we're all related?

Hugs,
    Marla

Blog Entries
    Thanks

who knows have any German and Italian in your background ?
    Tee hee lol would not that be funny if somewhere in the past we all had common ancestors

Thanks

Thanks for the info everyone. I'll have to google some articles, Nonna.
    ~ Morrison
    SLE and Sjogrens
    It's hard to take over the world when you sleep 20 hours a day (Get Fuzzy)