Thread: Potential lupus diagnosis...Need info :)

Thanks

Default Potential lupus diagnosis...Need info :)

I'm sorry this is going to be long, but I have 3 conditions which I am potentially being diagnosed with, pending more tests in 2 months. Lupus, MS and Fibromyalgia. My symptoms could be attributed to all 3 at 1 point or another. I have a long history of Plaque psoriasis, almost 12 years, I am now 25. My current Treatment is humira injectables. I have been on this for just over 1 year. My most recent lab work showed borderline low WBC, RBC, bilirubin and albumin and total protein, twice the normal levels of AST and ALT, also positive ANA (ifa) with homogenous pattern and a titer of 1:320. I have various symptoms to include lower back pain, stiffness in joints, especially at night time i often get stiff and numb/burning arms and hands. Also very cold hands/feet like the circulation may be poor? I am nearly always exhausted, like I could sleep for a long night then come home from work and fall asleep right away! I seem to have problems sometimes making my mouth say what my brain is thinking, i have to concentrate and work at the words coming out! This is very frustrating for me as I talk alot to the public in my job and I love to talk, I am also very intelligent and love to give people my knowledge and information in my job. I often get "the claw" in my hands. I also get minor kidney infections easily.
    I feel like this is most of my symptoms, but im sure there are some i have missed, I just wanted some info on how everyone would approach this with there DR and if you think it sounds more like 1 than the other?

Thanks, Have a blessed day

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Hi doglover and welcome to WHL! We are so glad that you found us. This is a wonderful site for of great people and I know you will be made to feel at home here. Many people on this site have multiple Autoimmune Diseases. Each one is so close to the next they often overlap. It is really hard to tell where one ends and another begins sometimes. I guess what I want you to know is that it isn't unusual to have multiple things going on at once.

The most important piece of advice I can give you is to always be your best advocate. You know your body better than anyone. You hired your doctor and you can fire him/her just as easily! Get copies of EVERY lab report and medical record that all of your doctors have. You are just a patient to them so you have to make sure to keep them aware that you are a person and that you know are staying up to date on your records even if they don't.

Please make yourself at home here. Feel free to look through the old threads or start new ones if you wish. You have now become a member of our wonderful family and we are glad to have you!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

Hi Doglover,
    If you check some of the threads here, you will find that AI diseases often run in packs. Many of us have overlapping AI diseases.
    Like you, I've had psoriasis for a long time. When I finally got a good diagnosis, it was Mixed Connective Tissue Disease - an overlap of Lupus, Sjogren's, RA and Psoriasis or Psoriatic Arthritis. I also have the cold, numb, tingling feet, which my doc declared was "mild Raynaud's Syndrome".
    There are some folks here who have an overlap of MS. It was strongly suspected in me, but a spinal tap was negative for it. Be aware that some AI diseases, like Sjogren's can mimic MS.
    Many of us also deal with the fatigue, the brain fog and the frequent kidney problems that you mentioned.
    As Mari told you, keep good records and keep asking questions.
    Hugs,
    Marla