Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: itchy rash, not sure what kind it is and looking for relief

Thanks

Smile

Okie Dokie..........CV
    Cheryl

Thanks

BTW - I love your avatar! As a retired Latin teacher, it reminds me of the goddess Athena.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Cheryl;
    You are not going to like the sound of this, but I have had other Lupus patients say that using their own urine on these rashes was the only thing that truly provided relief when all other remedies failed ..eek
    Hopefully the link between the cessation of your medication will provide you with the answer to your question and you may not have to resort to the "urine" treatment LOL

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,742 Times in 1,211 Posts

Oh the urine thing makes sense! When I lived on the coast of Texas the surfers would use their urine for manowar stings! They claimed it was the best thing to get rid of the sting when nothing else would! I personally think I will live that for a last resort!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Cheryl!
    Sorry but my brain fog kept this thread from my memory. How are your bumps?
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Thanks

Hi Cheryl,

I don't have psoriasis but I do have other skin conditions eg. Keratosis Pilaris, dry skin

I've been using Copper Peptides since the end of November, and I have to say, at the risk of sounding like an advertiser, this stuff works!! The most famous one is from Skinbiology.com, they have a forum there too for those to share how to use their skin products effectively, and advice from their staff also!

My bumpy KP is now GONE! And I'm hoping to get rid of the blemishes - but this stuff smoothes the skin really well. They have a specific product for psoriasis and similar conditions called Bioheal - I've heard rave reviews about this product. I ordered some myself yesterday.

These are not cures, but will help the flaking and irritation.

I hope that helps somewhat

Thanks

thank you all for the replies. will look up Bioheal, thanks.

as of the urine, I will pass......lol. I am a germafobic, just couldn't do it. interesting though, I do love learning of homeopathic solutions, even if not willing to try.

the aveno cream for itching is soothing some. making it tolerable. got an appt the 27th, going to see what other meds I can try. mtx made me too sick, the arava raised liver enzymes. so looking into other meds now so can discuss with doc. anyone happen to know any good meds for PA and psoriasis?

CV
    Cheryl

Blog Entries
    Thanks

The rheumy who diagnosed me with PsA (or PA) suggested the following drugs: Methotrexate, Enbrel, Remicade, NSAIDS. I know the Psoriasis Foundation lists NSAIDS, DMARDS, Biologicals, Systemics, Antimalarials amongst recommended treatments. Here is the link to their page. http://www.psoriasis.org/netcommunity/sublearn02_treat

I should also add that I am not on any of these except OTC NSAIDS and topical steriods but my rheumy and I expect I will be starting Enbrel or Remicade as a first choice within the next 5 years.
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Thanks

oh thank you, I will check the link out.......CV
    Cheryl