Thread: New to site but not with lupus (sle)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Cool New to site but not with lupus (sle)

Hi all,

I there, I have lupus for the past 16 years now, since my diagnosis, I have had many challenges, and my other conditions include, sjogrens, iritis, coeliac's, arhritis, depression, joints problems, allergies, dust allergies and plant allergies, loss of vision, and waiting to be tested for ovarian cancer...

I am in good spirits but my moods is usually affected with lots of fatigue.
    I am a mum of one boy, and am very passionate about making a difference to promote awareness for this condition...

I live in australia and love cooking, family time and enjoy the simple things many take for granted...and finding ways to make my life more enjoyable with having lupus

As a woman I struggle with severe rashes on my legs which once fades out im left with alot of dark pigmentation scaring...for years i have been searching for a water proof make up, which will give me some much needed confidence to be able to wear shorts or a dress on those very hot summer days...

I look forward to being part of this site for support and as support, as i dont know anyone with lupus

Kindest of regards
    Rouge

Thanks

Hello Rouge,
    Welcome to the WHL and we have such alot of threads to help with info.
    We seem to have a few thing's in common concerning the Lupus but you seem to be coping with it, it's really getting me down and i cryed again early this morning to my hubby i'm having a game coping but we all master things in different ways.
    We're always here to support one another on the site and that means alot to me and so far the member's i've found are terrific people.

It will be nice getting to know you Terri xxx

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Peridot_Gem For This Useful Post:

rouge (09-12-2011)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Rouge,
    Welcome to the WHL family, you'll find much needed support and info on this site.
    Where in Aus. do you live? I'm in Perth as are several other WHL members but there is quite a few members spread over the East coast as well.
    Its great to see you so positive. i've had Lupus for over 40 years and have managed to lead a "fairly" normal life having raised 2 children and now have 6 grandchildren but do find the fatigue and brain fog and the arthritis which is getting worse most annoying. Have just spent Christmas and New year with our daughter on the Gold Coast, great to see the rain after having it so dry here in the West - not much fun for the Queenslanders though.
    Ive just just had a growth removed from my osephagus which was cancerous and looks like I'll need follow up surgery but I'm staying positive for a good out come.
    Will look forward to getting to know you.
    Keep smiling
    Merrilyn

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Merrilyn OZ For This Useful Post:

rouge (09-12-2011)

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,743 Times in 1,212 Posts

Hi Rouge,

I want to take a moment to welcome you to WHL! We are so glad that you found us. Many of the people here have multiple AI Diseases so that is not uncommon. Please make yourself at home, read through the old posts or start news ones whenever you wish. This is a wonderful place with great people who will always be around to help, support, encourage or just cheer you on.

I look forward to getting to know you and once again, welcome to the family!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

7. The Following User Says Thank You to tgal For This Useful Post:

rouge (09-12-2011)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Welcome you to WHL!
    But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. Isaiah 40:31

Take Care,
    Becky

9. The Following User Says Thank You to wrightrs For This Useful Post:

rouge (09-12-2011)