Thread: New Here

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default New Here

Hello, I am new to this site. I look forward in getting to know others so that I can receive support and so that I can hopefully offer support to others that suffer with this disease. I am hoping to find out many things, such as are there any Lupus support groups in my area. Do others suffer with the same chronic pain that I suffer with on a daily basis.....and how others cope day to day with the challenges that we face.

Thanks for reading. As I go along I will divulge more information as I think of it.
    I hope everyone is doing okay and having a pain-free day..or at least a day that you can manage, with hopes of a cure for all of us one day...
    My best to everyone..
    EllaBlue

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,743 Times in 1,212 Posts

Hi Ella! I just welcomed you in the post with Judy but I wanted to say it here as well. Yes, you will find pain mentioned a lot here. Pain and fatigue are the two biggest issues although there are TONS of them. Lupus, and all Autoimmune diseases, affect each person differently and that is why they are so hard to diagnose. There are things that we all have in common so it is nice to have a place to give and receive support and encouragement.

Welcome to the WHL family! We are so glad to have you
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I APPRECIATE THE WELCOME!!
    I see my rheumy on the 19th of this month. I don't want to take MORE pain meds, but maybe we can switch things around and try something different. I was doing okay...but lately I wake to this HORRIFIC pain..all my joints...and well until things feel oiled up, I really suffer. Then if I have to stand for any length of time, I am in trouble, so my doctor ordered me a walker with a chair so that I can sit for those times I must be in lines.....(sigh)

I am just feeling so worn out...and I know others here are hurting too.
    Thanks again...don't mean to ramble.....
    Ella

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,743 Times in 1,212 Posts

You are not rambling! We understand. I have had to start using a cane at times which was a huge deal for me. I understand the exhaustion. The mental exhaustion is even worse than the physical sometimes. Others will be around soon to welcome you but post any time. We really are glad to have you
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

Hi Ella,
    Welcome to WHL. Don't worry about using a cane or walker - they really help. I never go anywhere without my cane. I used my rollator (walker with a seat) the whole last year that I taught. I had knee surgery that year, so that thing was a blessing. I sat on it to lecture my class and used it in the hall as protection from getting run over by teens - LOL.
    I now own a wheelchair, which is very helpful when we travel. Last summer, I was lifted to the top of the Acropolis in Athens in it!
    Disabled plates on my car are also a great help to me.
    Hugs,
    Marla

Thanks

Hello Ella,
    Welcome to our lovely large family of the WHL.
    We're all suffering in different ways like yourself but at the moment i do get alot of pain but am still waiting to see my rheumo to see what treatment he'll start me on. I've actually learnt alot from member's on the site to rest when your at your worst as i was pushing my body and was thinking i could still do things the same now it's all spaced out but my worst times are mornings all cramped up when i get out of bed it's terrible.

Well i really do hope you get the knowledge you need from the threads and will be lovely getting to know you also.

Terri xxx

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Ella;
    Welcome to our family, a place where there is no such thing as "Rambling". We know how difficult it is to live with the unbearable pain and fatigue. I hope that you can find new medications, or different dosages, that will help to relieve your pain.
    You will find that there are many of our members here who also have to use walkers, canes, and even wheelchairs. So, you are not alone.
    Again..welcome to our family and know that we are here to help you in any way that we can.

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!