Thread: Will someone jump out and say that I am on candid camera....PLEASE

Thanks

Default Will someone jump out and say that I am on candid camera....PLEASE

I am new and I posted before, but I can't seem to find my post. Anyway, things have been over the top for me. I was in a pretty bad car accident two months ago. Severly herniated disc in neck was first diagnosis. A week after accident I started with severe raynauds dx by neuro and cardiologist. From that point symptoms got worse. I started having pain and extreme weakness in arms and legs. My feet and hands hurt bad. I kept thinking it had to be from neck injury but neuro said no. Finally neuro mentioned my rash on face(buttergfly rash). Went to cardiologist because my heart rate was going crazy and hoping he could figure out the raynauds was something from accident and vascular. He freaked and thought I had torn artery from accident because he had to have doppler to find the pulse in both feet and my heart rate on right arm was 140 over 102 and left side was 102 over 99. He was really worried he even had a surgeon on call and he sent me straight down for a ct of artery. Anyway, it came out fine and he called a friend who was a rheumi and discussed symptoms and then ordered blood tests. They came back ana positive, 1:80 speckled. Other things were off too. Then appt was schedule with Rheumi. Met with her and she ordered much more blood test, urine, and xray. I will meet with her this Wednesday to discuss treatment. That is all she would say. In the meantime I got results from 2 other mri's of spine and they came back that I have 2 tumors in spine so ct was ordered and it came back as well. Neuro not sure what they are so he is speaking with Neuro surgeon and some other doctor to discuss. Oh yeah and they also found 3 bulging discs in my thoracic as well.

Sorry so long winded. I tried to sum it up. But now you may see why I wish someone should jump out and yell YOUR ON CANDID CAMERA!!! Any

Does anyone have any idea what is going on with ME???????? Any thought would truly help because I am losing my mind and feel scared and alone.

Thanks

Hi Ronnie,

A few things say lupus, but you are in good hands, with a rheumy and a neuro, they will be able to tell you.
    The butterfly rash sounds like lupus. Go and meet with your doctor, they will tell you what you have and what the treatment is.
    Until then, just ask questions here. I am sorry you had to go through all this.
    Welcome to WHL.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

Thanks

Thank you for your kind words. They are more than appreciated. I just need to find the patience in all of this. If there is anything I am learning it is you have no choice but to be patient. Thanks again!

Thanks

Hi Ronnie,
    Welcome to WHL. Wow, what a story you have. I think that I've read that AI diseases can be sort of dormant, but that trauma can make them active.
    You have certainly had your share of trauma!
    It sounds like you have some docs who are on top of it all, and you're in good hands.
    Meanwhile, learn all you can from reading the threads here, and don't be afraid to jump in and ask questions.
    I hope that all goes well for you, and keep us informed.
    Hugs,
    Marla

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Hi Ronnie and once again welcome to WHL! As you may or may not have noticed even though our name is about Lupus this site is for everyone that has, thinks they have, wonder if they have or know someone that has an Autoimmune Disease. We are really glad that you found us. Marla is correct in pointing out that (it is believed) that Autoimmune Diseases can be brought out (a flare) by some kind of trauma and your accident and what followed sure would classify as trauma!

Sadly Debbie is right also when she said there really is no way for us to know right now and that it looks like you are on the right track. The worst part of AI issues is the limbo you find yourself in so often. "hurry up and wait" seems to rule the day. Since there really is no test to say if you have Lupus or other AI issues it is simply a matter of them ruling everything else out and that takes time. Until then try to relax because stress makes it worse (I know, easier said then done) and remember that you are no longer alone. You are now part of our WHL family and we will be here for you as long as you need us.

Keep us posted and join in anytime!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

Hi Ronnie,
    Welcome to the WHL mate and your not alone, it was the best thing i ever did joining this lovely large family, i know i have my hubby but when your realy down, wheather it be day or night someones on to help and answer the best way possible.
    Refering your butterfly rash i had that in my early 30s so i know what your going through and that's from your raynauds disease and Lupus but with the right medication of cream it should go, ask for a steroid cream as they soon help and remove things like that.

I quite agree with your comment about being on CANDID CAMERA you just feel sometimes when's the lot going to ease and just give me a break.

I do hope they're able to move the Tumours from your spine without furthur damage and please let us know how you get on wednesday and i'm wishing you all the best but please keep your chin up mate.

Terri xxx