Thread: Hi , I am new here

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default Hi , I am new here

I am a 59 yr old Grandmother of 5 . I work 44 hours a week as Customer Service mgr for a large grocery store chain. I have been with the same company for 21 years.
    My chart says Connective Tissue Disease but I am being treated for Lupus. I have had symptoms for many years and finally began treatment about 2 years ago. The past 6 months have seemed to really go down hill with one flare after another. So far no organ involvement. I have facial rash, joint aches, muscles tenderness (even my skin hurts) worst of all is the extreme fatigue. I am taking plaquinil, folic acid, tetracycline,ranintidine , methylpred, toprol .
    I hope that I can gain some much needed information and answers from some of you who have been treated for longer than me.

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Hi Donna. Welcome to WHL! We are so glad that you found us. I am so sorry that things are going downhill for you right now but you have come to the right place. This is a wonderful place with tons of information and fabulous people. We are all family and you are our newest member. Others will be along shortly to say hello. Please feel free to look through the old posts or start new ones if you wish.

Make yourself at home and I look forward to getting to know you
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Donna-
    Welcome, hope you will find all you need here. Hope you get to feeling better soon.
    Hugs-Heather

Thanks

Hi Donna,
    I'm a 53 year old grandmother, and I also have the dx of Mixed Connective Tissue Disease.
    I'm taking Methotrexate injections once a week and Plaquenil daily. It seems to help a bit with the skin rashes and fatigue, but I still have a lot of muscle pain.
    I'm glad to meet you, and I hope that we can help you here at WHL.
    Hugs,
    Marla

Thanks

hi donna welcome whl we are all here to help you the best we can look forward to getting to know you hope things get a little better soon hugs kim l

Thanks

Hi Donna,
    Welcome, glad to meet you! I am a 50 year old grandmother, And have a dx of lupus,
    sjogrens, ans cns vasculitis. Hope you get to felling better soon!!!!!

Hug's, DIANE
    ~Where Hope Grow's, Miracle's Blossom~
    Diagnosed,
    (CNS) Vasculitis, Lupus, Neuro-Behcet's, Raynaud's, Fibromyalgia, Diabetes, Earley M.S., Buerger's Syndrome.