Thread: Headaches.....

Thanks

Default Headaches.....

So pretty much most of December I had one big headache. I would take motrin in the morning and tylenol in the evenging and it worked fine. The last few days has been terrible. The pressure on the top of my head is severe. Nothing has helped. I have tried 800 mg of mortin, excedrin, and tylenol. I even tried putting a a bag of frozen veggies on my head. My head dosesnt hurt when I first wake up but after a few hours it gets worse and then continues all day.

I have been on plaquenil for a month now and have been fine, i really hope its not the plaquenil that is causing my recent headaches but I dont think it is. I called my neuro and had a MRI yesterday, have not heard anything back yet. I dont know what else to do.
    The funny thing is that last night I was playing with my youngest(14months). I was putting his winter hat on my head and then letting him pull it off. I noticed WOW, the pressure of the hat really helps my head. So I have been wearing my son's camo hat around the house. haha: : )
    Does anyone have any suggestions? I can handle the headaches as long as motrin helps but I dont know what to do now.
    Thanks, Mary

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,732 Times in 1,205 Posts

Hey mystiejm. Sorry about the headache but I do have a suggestion that is going to sound crazy. My daughter went through a spell several years ago where she had headaches every single day. She then started having what they thought were absence seizures but they turned out to be a kind of migraine. When I took her to the neuro he said what she was having were called "rebound headaches". They happen when you have a headache for too long and you take something for it and it goes away and then comes back and you take something for it and on and on. Apparently your head gets in the habit of "rebounding" back with a headache so he told my daughter to try and suffer through a week without taking any motrin or tylenol and to see if that helped. Funny enough it did! She broke the cycle of the headaches and from then on she would try not to take anything if she had a headache and they went down a lot.

Now, I can't tell you that worked forever because now that she is having other AI type issues the headaches are back but it is worth a shot. It worked for her for about 4 years.

Hope you get to feeling better!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi, so glad you had the MRI also. Tgal's suggestion is a good one. I found over the years that a person's body can become immuned. That the pills stop working properly. I've also had to stop taking stuff for headaches. Last time I had a headache for a long time I had some negative results. Listen to the neuro, I'd try Tgal's suggestion.

Nonna
    Matthew 11 : 28-30
    Lupus, hashimoto's, parkinson's and multiple mini strokes

Thanks

My neuro called back, normal MRI. I stopped taking all pain meds(motrin and tylenol) and and doing okay. Thanks for the suggestion TGAL. The neuro might put me on a migrane med but I have had migranes before where I couldnt see, vomiting, and my blood pressure was very high and I know that this isnt like those times(thankfully). I think I am going to stick it out and see if the headaches go away on their own, and if they dont then I might consider a migrane med. Thanks for the help! Mary

Thanks

OMG You are the first person I have ever met that had the "couldn't see" thing! I had that too as a child and it was so scary! I have never met another person that had that along with the vomiting etc.

I really love this place!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

I am pretty sure the headaches were caused by an antibiotic I was put on for a UTI, because when I stopped the antibiotic the severe headaches went away. I still get little headaches but have not had any more bad one since! I am very thankful for that!!!!!! Thanks for everyones help, Mary

Thanks

Yay! I am so glad it is gone! We love good news
    Mari

~Winston Churchill~