Thread: A New Kind of Flu

Thanks

Default A New Kind of Flu

I've not had a cold or even the flu in a long time.

It seems that there's a nasty strain of the flu running around the office right now and I was thanking my lucky stars that I'd escaped its wrath.

Last night, I looked pretty run down when I left the office and felt like I'd been run over by a Mack truck, but it was Hump Day and only two days left of the work week after cruising through the last two weeks of December. When I got home last night, I cooked Superman dinner, turned in early and got a good night's sleep.

I awoke this morning feeling very achy (from head to toe) and still sleepy, yet not feverish. Since everything else has changed, healthwise since being diagnosed with SLE and Sjogren's, does it seem strange that flu symptoms would change as well?

Or, is this just a flare?
    Last edited by BonusMom; 01-06-2011 at 10:13 AM.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi, question,
    do you take plaquinel? I noticed that flu, bronchitis and the like are very mild since I've been taking it. Maybe this is helping.

Nonna

Thanks

Yes, I'm taking Plaquenil. It would make sense that the effects of the flu would be lessened with the Plaquenil-had never thought of that.

Since being on the "P", I hadn't had even a sniffle even though my WBCs have been low....

So I'll be thankful that this is as bad as the flu will be for me, take a warm bath for the aches and study the inside of the eyelids and use eye drops to stop the burning.

Thanks, Nonna, for pointing this out.
    Last edited by BonusMom; 01-06-2011 at 12:04 PM.

Thanks

Hi BonusMom,
    Take care of yourself today. Do what you said that you are going to do, and add in lots of hot tea and soup. I hope that you feel better soon.

Everyone in our family but me has had a bad cold since the big family reunion. Ryan had pink-eye and a cold, David had a bad fever with his, and it went through the whole family. Jeff sniffled and sneezed all the way home. Meg and Tyler are on a ski trip to Colorado. She called me last night to tell me that they had both gone to the ER with their cold/flu.

I guess that I can thank the Plaquenil - I'm not at all sick. I had the usual post-nasal drip as soon as I got to Texas - I hate Cedar fever!! As soon as I got back to the wonderful ocean air, my allergies disappeared again - Yay!!

Be nice to yourself, and get well soon,
    Hugs,
    Marla