Thread: Hello

Thanks

Default Hello

Just found this site & decided to give it a try. My name is Paul & i was diagnosed w/ discoid lupus about 7 years ago back in Florida.
    I get lonely & depressed as there are no support groups nor have I found much online about/for men with lupus. Then I beat myself up for the self pity bit! i know there are people lots worse off than me but this fact is not a lot of comfort. anyway-hello all.

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,743 Times in 1,212 Posts

Hi Paul! Welcome to WHL we are so glad that you found us! We all go through the "there are people worse of than us" thing but, you are correct, sometimes that is not what we need. I have found the best thing is to have a place where people do undersand what we are going though and today you have found that! There are wonderful people here and loads of information. Although there are more women here than men, we do have some wonderful men in the group (one of them being our FABULOUS Moderator Rob).

No matter what kind of Lupus you have it is a hard pill to swallow. I hope you find the comfort here that I have and, once again, welcome to our Lupus family!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

hi Paul Im new here also.

Judy

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,743 Times in 1,212 Posts

Glad to have you with us as well, Judy! You have both found a great place with wonderful people. Please let me know if you have any difficulty navigating around
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

Hi Paul and Judy,
    Welcome to WHL. You will find lots of friends and understanding here.
    Hugs,
    Marla

Thanks

Wecome Paul. We have a few new men join our group lately. Have a read through the men's forum thread. It might be helpful to you.

http://forum.wehavelupus.com/forumdi...17-Men-s-Forum
    Diagnosed with Lupus - 22 June, 2010

Thanks

Hello Paul & Judy,
    Welcome to our lovely family of the WHL, where there's so many threads for understanding the condition more.
    We all know how you both feel, as we're there ourselves, some still waiting results like myself, some taking medication hopefully to ease what they're going through.
    Take a look around and it will be nice getting to know you both and Paul never think your alone on this mate.

Terri xxx

Thanks

Hello Paul & Judy,

Welcome to you both, There are lot's of wonderful people here, And load's of information.
    Hope you both have a wonderful day!!!!!

Diane
    ~Where Hope Grow's, Miracle's Blossom~
    Diagnosed,
    (CNS) Vasculitis, Lupus, Neuro-Behcet's, Raynaud's, Fibromyalgia, Diabetes, Earley M.S., Buerger's Syndrome.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hello and Welcome Paul and Judy. I am so happy that you both are here and that you both decided to join our family.

Paul, we have several men here and one of them is our moderator, Rob. I am sure that he will be along very soon to welcome you and to give you his take on being a male with this disease. You've already been directed to our Men's Forum where you will find great information, advice, and support for and from the men on our forum.

Again..welcome to you both!

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!