Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Skin Tags

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tgal View Post
    Let''s be clear. That is just a picture I found on the net. Mine are not that bad and yes, they are way down on the list. I just happened to notice them today so I thought I would ask.
    Oops. I thought that picture was you.

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Saysusie View Post
    I mis-spoke earlier..Actually, my doctor offered to cut them off for me and explained the procedure - in office with basically the same tools. I told myself "Shit..I can do that myself!" and so I did it!

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    I had this thing on my thumb a few months back that was called a granuloma. It's like a big skin-tag full of blood vessels. It was about the size of a pencil eraser. There was no feeling in it, but where it came out through the skin was really painful, especially if you bumped the thing. And it would bleed like a water faucet if you just nicked it on something. My GP said he could give me a local and "scrape" the thing off. I cringed at the thought of that.So, I did what you did. I got out my old first aid kit and sterilized everything well and did it myself. It healed up nicely after a couple of weeks.

Thanks

LOL Wow. You are a brave woman! I use to freeze mine off (which is what my doctor did) however the last time I did I began a chain reaction of rashes that lasted for months. Hmm.. cutting them would most likely not do the damage that the freezing did so I might have to try that! Thanks Susie!
    Mari, did you freeze them off yourself or did your doctor do it? Was just wondering if there is a freezing product available in stores. I've always had skin tags since I was a teenager. I usually go to the doctor when they start to bother me to get them cut off. They start getting caught in necklace chains after a while. My doctor told me to just cut them off with little scissors, but I am too squeamish to do that to myself. I've heard that getting them burned/frozen off works better, because they don't grow back in the same place.
    ~ Morrison
    SLE and Sjogrens
    It's hard to take over the world when you sleep 20 hours a day (Get Fuzzy)

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

You can buy it over the counter. It is a wart removal thing and it freezes them off and works really well. I can't use it anymore because now when I freeze it off it starts a chain reaction rash that takes months to heal. It worked good before. Just like they did it at the doctor
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

5. The Following User Says Thank You to tgal For This Useful Post:

MorrisonGal (01-03-2011)

Thanks

You can buy it over the counter. It is a wart removal thing and it freezes them off and works really well. I can't use it anymore because now when I freeze it off it starts a chain reaction rash that takes months to heal. It worked good before. Just like they did it at the doctor
    Thanks, I'll look for that at the store. Hopefully no rash ...maybe I'll just start with one tag then wait until it heals before I use it all over.
    ~ Morrison
    SLE and Sjogrens
    It's hard to take over the world when you sleep 20 hours a day (Get Fuzzy)