Thread: Skin Tags

Hybrid View

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Default Skin Tags

This may not have anything to do with anything but does anyone else have skin tags? You know those nasty looking thick pieces of skin that sit on top of the skin and look kind of like flat warts? I have fought them off and on for 15 years but mine are getting so much worse! They are all over my neck and look horrible! I had them when I was really thin and now that I have put on all this weight. I can't find any common factor so I thought I would just see if anyone here had them as well.
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

Not really sure what you are on about. I know Terri is really good at inserting pictures in the posts, perhaps you can insert a photo so we can see what you mean.
    By the way, how are your nails going, they were infected a week ago.
    Diagnosed with Lupus - 22 June, 2010

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Here is a picture. Mine are not as bad as this but this is an example. They can be much darker or lighter but a quick google search of "skin tag images" will bring up tons.

http://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-a...e-of-skin-tags

Last edited by tgal; 01-01-2011 at 06:05 PM.
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Mari,
    I have skin tags also. They became more plentiful as I got older. I get the irrating ones removed. They are of course tested. I never thought of them as lupus connected as my grandmother had them also. She did not have any lupus symptoms.

Toni

Thanks

Oh I see, I have some also. Interestingly I am getting more mole/freckles/skin tags around my midrift as I get older. I knew I had quite a few, but didn't realise how many more I had until I read about skin tags and had a close look myself. Just as well I don't wear bikinis anymore - urrggg GROSS
    Diagnosed with Lupus - 22 June, 2010

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

I've not had them to the extent that you have Mari, but I have noticed in the past couple of years, I do have a few, mostly on my chest. Don't know if they are autoimmune related or not. Rather unsightly little things. I should get to the dermo and have them looked at, but with white matter lesions and TGN ruling the days these past few months, they have been bumped down rather low on the list of priorities. This is a good reminder.

Rob