Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sorry guys, another MTX question, probably number 10000.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by magistramarla View Post
    Debbie,
    There is a thread here called "It's M Day". Several of us discussed taking MTX. It might help you to read it.
    I've been taking it for 18 months. The pill form made me terribly nauseous, but I tolerate the injection fairly well.
    My hubby gives me the shot every Sunday night about an hour or so before bedtime. I then relax with a cup of tea and some dark chocolate.
    For some reason, the chocolate helps with the bad taste in my mouth that the MTX causes.
    I sleep through the worst of the nausea.
    The next day, I'm still a bit queasy and "out of it" until after lunch. By 2 pm, I feel fairly normal.
    I hope that this helps.
    Hugs,
    Marla
    Thank you Marla,

I have read about 80% of that thread, it is very informative.
    I just have a few specific questions about when to take it, since the doc left it up to me.
    It is good to know, that so many of you have experience with this disgusting medicine.
    My doc also told me that if I get to sick from the pills, he will put me on the shot.
    To be honest, just thinking about the pills makes me nauseous and nervous.

Cross your fingers for me on monday.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Good Luck on Monday, let us know how you feel. When you take the MTX may be a trial and error thing for you until you find a time that works best for you with the least amount of side effects. For many, an entire day has to be set aside in order to deal with the MTX. I wish you the best

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Saysusie View Post
    Good Luck on Monday, let us know how you feel. When you take the MTX may be a trial and error thing for you until you find a time that works best for you with the least amount of side effects. For many, an entire day has to be set aside in order to deal with the MTX. I wish you the best

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Thank you Susie, that is just what I need, good thoughts from all of you.
    I feel like a big baby.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

Thanks

Debbie,
    I hope that you read this by tomorrow. I have another hint to give you.
    Hopefully, your doc has started you on folic acid. MTX strips folic acid from your body, and we have to take it to replace it.
    Taking the folic acid seems to help with the nausea.
    The natural source of folates is leafy green vegetables. I've never been much of a salad eater before, but now I find myself craving salads.
    I've found that if I eat LOTS of salad the day or two before my shot, I have less nausea.
    It may be a placebo effect, but hey, it works for me, and I'm eating healthy foods!
    Hugs,
    Marla

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,732 Times in 1,205 Posts

Good Luck to you Debbie! I will be thinking of you. Let us know how it goes!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

You guys are awesome,
    Marla, my rheumy gave me a prescription for folic acid and sunday we are going to eat at Outback Steakhouse
    I will have a big salad and another one monday for lunch.
    Thanks again for thinking about me.

Debbie

Thanks

Hey Debbie,
    I just had my shot, and I thought of you.
    I ate a big salad with my dinner and I'm now sipping tea with some cheese and crackers - soon to be topped off by a chocolate, then bed.
    Hopefully, I'll feel decent in the morning. I usually start my Monday mornings with something bland, like a bowl of warm rice or oatmeal.

I hope it goes well for you tomorrow.
    Hugs,
    Marla

Thanks

Well guys, I took my first dose last night. As of now, it is not to bad. I am nauseated, have a slight headache, but I am very weak. Is it normal to be so very weak?

Thanks for all your tips,guys.

Debbie

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hey Debbie! How are you doing today? I am weak after I take it. I started my second go around this Friday. I was terribly nervous about taking it again, but it wasn't too bad. I was nauseated, but not terribly bad. My biggest problem was being weak and achy. I take it right before I go to bed. For me, the 2nd day is the worst. Also, do not be surprised if next week is harder than this first week was - I seem to remember that from the first go around. You will find what does and doesn't work for you and you will get through this! (((HUGS)))
    Lauren

Thanks

Hi Debbie,
    I'm glad that you got through the first dose without many problems.
    Keep trying with it, and if the pills are too harsh for you, switch to the injections.
    Hugs,
    Marla