Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sorry guys, another MTX question, probably number 10000.

Thanks

debbie,how are you doing??i'm happy you made it through your first dose. i remember feeling very weak the day after. don't forget to keep yourself hydrated..gatorade was my best friend. i agree with marla, if the pills hurt your stomach try the injections! i wish i knew about this site when i started methotrexate!
    "Just like the butterfly, I too will awaken in my own time."-Deborah Chaskin

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by predcheeks View Post
    debbie,how are you doing??i'm happy you made it through your first dose. i remember feeling very weak the day after. don't forget to keep yourself hydrated..gatorade was my best friend. i agree with marla, if the pills hurt your stomach try the injections! i wish i knew about this site when i started methotrexate!
    Thank you for asking. Tonight is MTX night, I have to to increase the dosage. Hopefully all goes well.
    But if I have to suffer to much, I will ask the rheumy for the shot, he already offered.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

Thanks

Hey Debbie,
    How did that second dose go? Are you having a better week?
    Thinking of you....
    Hugs,
    Marla

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by magistramarla View Post
    Hey Debbie,
    How did that second dose go? Are you having a better week?
    Thinking of you....
    Hugs,
    Marla
    Hi Marla,

Thanks for asking.
    This week was worse, but for some reason, tuesday I felt ok, just a little nausea, but wednesday, thursday and especially today, lots of nausea and stomach cramps. I had to work like that. yuck
    I have called my rheumy today, I have to go in monday, for a MTX shot, to see how well I tolerate IT. If I feel better with the shot, he will put me on self injections.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

Thanks

Hi Debbie,
    I'm not surprised. For me, bypassing my digestive system and going to the injections made a huge difference. It still makes me feel yucky for a day, but I'm able to tolerate it. I'm chicken to give myself a shot, but my hubby is great at it. He used to give Kayla her allergy shots. He jokes that he "gets to be a prick" once a week.
    I think that we have several members who prefer the injections to the pill form of MTX. I hope that you have better luck with the injections, too.
    Let me know how it goes!
    Hugs,
    Marla

Thanks

The nurse showed me how to give myself the shot and then handed it to me and I gave it to myself.
    It was no big deal, no pain whatsoever.
    Now I have to wait and see, how well I do with the shot.
    I do have to go and get my blood drawn again, I just went last friday, but my liver # were off, I don't remember what it was, but the # is suppose to be 30 and mine were 64.
    That means if my # don't get better or get worse, I have to stop MTX.
    So she gave me the prescription for the shots, but I have to go friday again to get blood drawn and call the nurse on monday noon, if the blood test is ok, I will start the shots on monday night.
    Has anyone else have bad liver readings after only two weeks of MTX?
    Man I hope things work out, because without MTX, what else is there?

Debbie

Thanks

Hi Debbie,
    I hope that all went well with your blood work.
    My rheumy in Texas checked my blood often. The one that I have now only sees me twice a year, and she didn't even schedule any labs for my Feb. appointment.
    She didn't discuss my lab results with me in Oct, either. She just said that it was all "beautiful"!
    I hope that the MTX isn't damaging my liver - I'm not so sure that this doc would catch it.
    Hugs,
    Marla

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by magistramarla View Post
    Hi Debbie,
    I hope that all went well with your blood work.
    My rheumy in Texas checked my blood often. The one that I have now only sees me twice a year, and she didn't even schedule any labs for my Feb. appointment.
    She didn't discuss my lab results with me in Oct, either. She just said that it was all "beautiful"!
    I hope that the MTX isn't damaging my liver - I'm not so sure that this doc would catch it.
    Hugs,
    Marla
    Hi Marla,
    My doc had me on a standing order, at the lab, for every two weeks, for the next 12 weeks. But after the bad blood test last week, he had me go back after only one week. Monday morning I have to call the rheumy office, to find out how the last test went, if the liver enzymes are down, I will give myself the shot monday night.
    I am surprised, that your doctor only has you test your blood twice a year.
    Here is my standing order at the lab, every two weeks for 12 weeks, ones a month for three months, every two months for six months, after that ones every three months.
    Maybe it is because I have had hepatitis, when I was five years old. I don't know which one I have had A,B or C, my mom died 15 years ago, so I can't ask her. The only thing I remember from that time is, that I was in the hospital for 6 weeks, in isolation, not even my mom was allowed in my room. But I remember that there was a window, where the top part of that window was open, so that I could talk to my mom and that she always slipped a chocolate bar through that window. lol

Debbie

Thanks

Hi Debbie,
    I was told by a nurse that any patient on MTX should have blood work at least every three months. I think that my new rheumy isn't too bright.
    That's why I'm trying to get an appointment with one in San Francisco, at a teaching hospital.
    I hope that your ab work is ok on Monday. The MTX is helpful, and the side effects are tolerable.
    Hugs,
    Marla