Thanks
    Thanked 1,569 Times in 1,072 Posts

i will remember 4 may.
    hope all goes well.
    please keep us posted.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to steve.b For This Useful Post:

cptnblah (03-30-2011)

Thanks

Thanks tgal and steve. My wife was just lecturing me a cpl weeks ago about always being negative. I asked what there was to be positive about during winter even if healthy. Then this dx last week. Atleast doc did say it is very early and he loves to get them like this caue there is better outcome. I am at peace about it. Thanks again and I will keep posted. It is not as easy to get on cause computr is dwnstairs and its hard to type on this darn pad. Take care all and wish everyone a pain free week.
    Last edited by cptnblah; 03-30-2011 at 11:44 AM.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

The silver lining is that if you hadn't already had health issues and required so much body maintence/blood tests you might not have caught this until you had physical symptoms. God's funny the way he works like that. Something bad sometimes causes something good to happen. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers, especially May 4 - which is also a good sign because if the docs thought it was a bad case you'd have been on and off the table long before I even read this.
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Thanks

Just an update. Sorry it took so long. Well the surgery was not a success. With the robot, they have to tilt the lower part of your body up so that all ur innards move to the top of your body to gain access to the prostate. When he had the prostate in site, he had to tilt me a little more for better access. When he did that, they moved the sheet to see my face and saw that I had turned black. The surgeon said he thaught I was dead and that he had seen better color on a cadaver. He immediately looked at the monitors and saw that I was truely still alive. He wanted to conplete the surgery but the anethisist said no cause he was the one responsible for my living, I guess they had words as they took almost 1.5 hours to get to this point and the knife was right there. They agreed to let my wife make the decision. (can you imagine that?) She was about to give them the go ahead thinking that it could be the Raynaud's, when she asked what could happen. the anethisist said that I could stroke out and that it would take another 2 hrs (mind you that this was an hour to 1.5 hr surgery tops). She then said to close me up. The surgeon fixed my embilical hernia and closed me up.

Now, I had had a dream a couple times the week before that they had opened me up and closed me back up cause I was full of cancer. When I was waking up, the (b****) nurse was saying hold on as she was yanking the cathiter out. I was yelling, "No...I am suppose to keep it in for 1-2 weeks as I heal!" Her reply was, "You don't need it cause the surgery was not done. The prostate is still in cause of a complication." Now what the heck do you think I was thinking in my loopy state? Yes of course. I asked what happened. She said that she cannot tell me...My family will have to tell me. When I asked for my wife she said that she could not come in till my o2 level came up and to breath deeper. I told her I was and that it is always an issue with me cause of Raynaud's. She just kept gripping at me to breath. I finally told her to go out and google Raynaud's and when she could talk intelligently to me about it then she will be allowed back to assist me. Untill then get the hell away from me. Gue`ss what? I was moved shortly after to the next room to finish waking up. What a nightmare!!!!!!

Doc is sending me to Northwestern Hospital in Chicago where I will be operated on by Sr William Catalona who has been doing the old way for 43 yrs and has done more than 5000, so I will be in better hands so to say. That will be June 2nd at 200pm cst for the surgical consult.
    Money cannot buy you happiness but it can buy you a big enough boat to allow you to pull up along side it!!! - David Lee Roth

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,569 Times in 1,072 Posts

what a scare!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

look at the bright side.... you have a better surgeon doing the operation now.

here hoping for you.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to steve.b For This Useful Post:

cptnblah (05-19-2011)

Thanks

Angry

Thanks Steve. Yes it was and some aspects are still coming back to me in little pieces. The surgeon said that he had never seen anything like that in the over 500 robotic surgeries that he has done. I told him that I am darned tired of all these firsts. I would like to come in last sometimes.
    Money cannot buy you happiness but it can buy you a big enough boat to allow you to pull up along side it!!! - David Lee Roth

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

OMG!! what a nightmare and, how could they stand around and argue about for 1.5 hours!!! WTF!! And doing this while you are black in the face?
    And then, to top it off with a Jack A@# of a nurse...I would have been tempted to kick her in the face.

At any rate, I am glad to hear that you will be seeing an expert on the 2cnd..I will keep you in my thoughts until then and I hope that you have some relatively pain-free days until then.

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

whoops. my bad. they didn't argue for 1.5 hrs. not sure how long. i meant that they took 1.5 hrs cutting thru my spare tire (tummy) to get to where ths surgeon could be where he was at to cut it out. for some reason there was something like scar tissue even though i had not had surgery in that area before and the hurniated belly button. he planned on fixing that also so that is all he was able to do. sorry. on a lighter side...i now call it my belly "BUTT"on as it looks somewhat like a sphincter. that's alright though cause it looks 500% better than what it did. lol
    Last edited by cptnblah; 05-19-2011 at 06:22 AM.

Thanks

Sorry it took so long to post results. I have been mentally on vacation.

Well they got the thing out on the 16th and I was in hospital till the 20th by my request. I had a lot of issues with pain and the morphine did not work. I did not know that it didn't work for my mom or sister either till my wife told me. I then got dilaudid and that worked better. At least I would get enough relief to be able to sleep 45min after the injection and be awake in pain for the other 1 hr and 45 mins till the next injection. I did a lot of waking. They said to do it but the nurses said I was doing way too much. I told them that it took my mind off of the pain somewhat. I am recovering well. The gleason score was higher however than what it was before the surgery and the surgeon said that it was at the outer lining of the prostate so he cannot say 100% that it did not escape. I will know when my next PSA is done which will be in another week. My lymph nodes were clean and some of the other tissues that they removed were also clean so I am sure that they got it all.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rob View Post
    For a second, I thought you said that you have had prostitutes! I was gonna say your prostate can't be too bad off!

Anyway, don't worry about the spelling, I know you are using one of those tiny screen gadgets with the rubber tipped pen device. BTW- I like your signature line. I'm a bit of a Van Halen fanatic. I still have my boat, got to do quite a bit of sailing this past summer. Got to see some whales, and a couple of sharks. I love the water.

Rob
    Oh Rob I can always count on you for a good laugh!

Hello Captain! I never chatted with you but it's nice to meet you! I use a Droid phone and I make many typos because its so hard for me to read such tiny words, so please forgive my typos.

Sorry I can't help with the medical question. We do have some medical professionals on the forum. Hopefully someone will help.