Thread: High PSA Levels

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default High PSA Levels

Hello all,
    Been off grid for while now. Been a yr since goin out from mill on disability retirement thru them. Waiting on my admin law judge appt for disability. Have a great atty for it. Had to buy an ereader that hs internet as i am not able to go dwnstairs to computer easily. Been having lots of med issues also.

My question is...my PSA came back at 3.5. I knw it is stil within range but i am 45yrs old and urologist left practice and replacement is idiot (surprise!). He had me come in and i told him that last time it was hih, the doc gave me cipro and it endd up being an infecton and my rheumy told me that with al i have going on medicaly, that is probably the culprit. He scould and said its not likely. However, not that i was disapointd by this, he did not do the DRE that usualy gos with this isue. I gues im just wondering if any othr mals have ezperienced this. I do not have discomfot...just the usual urination stuf. I also have an apt with new doc intwo weks and on a month run of cipro that i m on now.

Sory about speling s i m typing with a stylus and am only making changes to the gros mispeling.

Thanks so much and hope all are having a great, safe, and good felin holiday!

Bil
    Money cannot buy you happiness but it can buy you a big enough boat to allow you to pull up along side it!!! - David Lee Roth

Thanks

Sorry to hear that you have been having a difficult time, especially with your new replacement doctor. You said you have to use a stylus for typing, is that a piece of equipment that makes typing easier for you?

Sorry I cannot help you with your current issues, I do hope though that they are resolved very soon.
    Diagnosed with Lupus - 22 June, 2010

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Linda From Australia For This Useful Post:

cptnblah (03-30-2011)

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Good to see you back Captain,

Sorry, but I don't have any input for you. However, you bring up a good point. I'm going on 43 next month and have never had my PSA level checked. I suppose that's something I should not ignore. Thanks for the reminder.

Rob

5. The Following User Says Thank You to rob For This Useful Post:

cptnblah (03-30-2011)

Thanks

Thanks for the replys.

Linda,
    I am using a Pandigital reader pad that is used with Barns and Noble ebooks. The touchscreen's keys are to small for my big fingrs so my wife picked up one of those rubbr tiped pens for easier and more precise touching on screen. I am not sure if it is caled a stylus.

Rob,
    It is great to be back. Have hd a lot hapen the last year both god and bad. Sold big boat but had bouht that bow rider lst wintr to take its lace. Cheaper and easir for wife and i to manage. I have had prostititus (sp?). a cpl times and my rheumy said that it is common with mctd. The recent urologist said no but i don't trust his knowledge. I wil find out from the new one in a week or two when i see himand post hre. I was getting my PSA checkd a cpl years ago cause of being on testosterone suppliments. If found to have prost cancer, testosterone suppliments must be stopped cause it can cause cancer to progress faster. Yes, you should get it checked especialy if sle can efect it.

Thanks again for replies,

Bil
    Money cannot buy you happiness but it can buy you a big enough boat to allow you to pull up along side it!!! - David Lee Roth

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

For a second, I thought you said that you have had prostitutes! I was gonna say your prostate can't be too bad off!

Anyway, don't worry about the spelling, I know you are using one of those tiny screen gadgets with the rubber tipped pen device. BTW- I like your signature line. I'm a bit of a Van Halen fanatic. I still have my boat, got to do quite a bit of sailing this past summer. Got to see some whales, and a couple of sharks. I love the water.

Rob

8. The Following User Says Thank You to rob For This Useful Post:

cptnblah (03-30-2011)

Thanks

We were able to take the little boat out quite a fw tims last sumer but of course it is never enough. We found a place here at southrn point of lake michigan by Portage Indiana caled Boater's Beach. It has warm watr discharge from a power genration plant. You can only get thre via boat so the is little rif raf. However, yes we do take the 18'on the big lake. We have run into 3 footers once while at that beach and almost rippd the cleat for anchor off but broke the front light to pieces. Glad to hear that your stil able to get some enjoyment with your boat.

I go see the new Urologist today, wed, and i'l post his comments of lupus and that prostitus stuf. Btw...god no i was not sayin prostitutes...i have enough agrivation with the free women in my life. Now why would i want to pay for more..lol

More to follow later,

Bil

Thanks

My PSA bounces around from test to test. I had cancer in my late twenties, so I've been doing the PSA for quite a while now... It gets worse the older I get, which does coincide with my slowing down and becoming more sedentary as I get older. My job for the last 24 years has involved sitting in a chair for an 8 hr work day, and that definitely does NOT help. I've been on anti-biotics for the PSA more times than I care to remember lately, but it always responds...

11. The Following User Says Thank You to jmail For This Useful Post:

cptnblah (03-30-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rob View Post
    For a second, I thought you said that you have had prostitutes! I was gonna say your prostate can't be too bad off!

Anyway, don't worry about the spelling, I know you are using one of those tiny screen gadgets with the rubber tipped pen device. BTW- I like your signature line. I'm a bit of a Van Halen fanatic. I still have my boat, got to do quite a bit of sailing this past summer. Got to see some whales, and a couple of sharks. I love the water.

Rob
    Oh Rob I can always count on you for a good laugh!

Hello Captain! I never chatted with you but it's nice to meet you! I use a Droid phone and I make many typos because its so hard for me to read such tiny words, so please forgive my typos.

Sorry I can't help with the medical question. We do have some medical professionals on the forum. Hopefully someone will help.

Thanks

Thanks but I was just posting an update to what had been going on. I have done all the research on what I have and what I need to do with it. I just hadn't posted any updates in a while cause of not being mentally with it in a while. I have been so busy that I have only had my boat out twice this year...once last Saturday for enjoyment and the other was two Fridays before that just to test it out so that was no fun. Rob can attest that for a boater, that is a disgrace. Sorry for the misunderstanding. I also sometimes use my phone and have Raynaud's so the touch screen doesn't always cooperate and the keys are too small for my thumbs.

Bill