Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hi

Thanks

Default hi

After almost 10 years of search, I got a diagnosis early this year: hms/ eds (ehlers danlos hypermobilitysyndrome) That was a relieve.. at last a name for it.
    Entill.. last week my doctor send me home with a labratory note to test for lupus.
    i don't now if I have it?

I am also know with, hashimoto thyroiditis, asthma/ lungproblems. Skin problems, rash, itching. Mostly on my face and upper torso/arms, sometimes on my legs. concentration en short time memory problems (always thought due to a whiplash?)
    Am semi wheelchair needy, (can walk only small bits) muscle (strenght) problems/ tired.

Hope I don't have it, and will go back to my first diagnose, but i am searching for information about lupus.
    gr.
    jenneke

Thanks

Welcome to this site Jenneke. Let us know what the test results are. Have a look around some threads to help you to understand a bit about what it is like to live with Lupus.
    Diagnosed with Lupus - 22 June, 2010

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,740 Times in 1,211 Posts

Hi Jenneke. Welcome to WHL! We are so glad that you found us. Please feel free to look through the old threads or start new ones if you wish. There are wonderful people on this board that are always willing to listen, help or simply be there for you if needed.

I look forward to getting to know you
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

Hi Jenneke,
    Welcome to the large WHL family and like linda & tgal said there's so many threads concerning different topic's for you to venture through and to get some understanding of the condition but i do wish you all the best with your result's.

Terri xxx

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Hello Jenneke,

Welcome to our group. Please make yourself at home!

Rob

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hello Jenneke;
    Welcome to our family. I am sorry to hear that you are dealing with so many issues. However, you have come to the right place if you want to learn about Lupus. I, too, hope that you do not have it. But we are more than happy to give you as much information as you need and to answer any questions that you may have.
    I am glad that you found us!

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Thank you for the warm welcome
    gr.
    jenneke

Thanks

Hello Jenneke,
    Your welcome from us all and i realy hope on your behalf you havent got Lupus but like Saysusie said we're all here for you to the best of out ability, as it can be a strain on you if you do have it and me joining the WHL was the best thing i ever done such lovely people worldwide and you could'nt ask for nothing better.

Luv Terri xxx

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,740 Times in 1,211 Posts

I want to add to what Teri said. Teri (gem) mentioned the wonderful people and how helpful that this site is but I would like to expand on that a bit. Even if you find that you don't have Lupus or you have to keep waiting to find out you are welcome here. The name of the site is "we have lupus" but people that are not yet diagnosed, people diagnosed with other autoimmune issues, or people that have a diagnosis of Lupus are all welcome and supported here.

The people here have helped me in more ways than I can count and I hope we can be helpful to you as well.
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

The testresults are back. ANA was uncertan (slightly ellevated) . so they tested specific to dna-ds = 1 Conclusion: no lupus
    gr.
    jenneke