Thread: Hi :-)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Hi :-)

Hi all,

I'm new to this site...I was diagnosed with Lupus about 6 months ago. I was really lucky and only had symptoms for about 3 weeks prior to being diagnosed.
    My first flare was really severe but I'm doing great now. Hope to learn a lot from what others have been through and hopefully provide some helpful information about what I've been through as well.
    Take care
    Nat

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Hi Nat and welcome to WHL! We are so glad that you found us! You were really lucky to get a diagnosis in 3 weeks! Some on here have been waiting for years for the diagnosis. Please make yourself at home. Look through the old threads there is a lot of information in them or feel free to start new ones of your own. I look forward to getting to know you!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Thanks tgal. I should probably have mentioned I have antiphospholipid syndrome too along with SLE. Threads ive read so far show a lot of people have had far worse than i have and are still going strong, which is so great because I know I was so scared when I was diagnosed. So helpful to have contact with people who have been through the same thing.

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

There are wonderful people around here they are very kind and helpful. Due to the holidays it has been very quiet but I am sure you will meet many more once things get back to normal.

One of the things I have learned is that once you have 1 autoimmune issue the others seem to cluster around it. Most of those here that actually have a diagnosis have more then one disease. Such is life when dealing with the immune system!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

Hello Nat,
    Welcome to our large family the WHL and i am pleased for you after being diagnosed with Lupus that it's being controlled for you.
    I also have Antiphospholipid Syndrome/SLE i find the lot a total pain and half the time have a game coping with it but as the saying goes
    'Life goes on'.

I wish you all the best mate, as we're a smashing group of people on here but like tgal said it's quiet because of the season.

Terri xxx

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Nat;
    Just wanted to take a moment to also welcome you to our family. I am glad that you are here and so happy to hear that your Lupus is being managed. We are here to help you in any way that we can

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi Nat,
    Welcome to the WHL family, as has been mentioned many of us have been away or busy because of the holiday period.
    I live in Perth ( northern suburbs) you'll find there are a few of us Lupusites here in Perth,
    You were so lucky to be diagnosed so quickly it took about 2 years for my diagnosis. However I've led a "fairly" normal life, with only minor restrictions till recent years when the arthritis has been getting worse along with the brain fog problems.
    will look forward to getting to know you and perhaps we can met up some time for a coffee
    Merrilyn

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Nat...WELCOME. I am new here to at WHL. I also have the anticardiolipin antibody syndrome...and it creates a lot of problems for me regarding headaches and such.... I am trying to find out if it is connected to my overall pain? After all these years you would think I would know.

Anyway...nice to meet you!! Glad you have joined us!