Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Merry Christmas!

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Default Merry Christmas!

Today is the day that everyone begins whatever traditions they have with their friends and/or family so I wanted to take a moment to say Merry Christmas to each and every one of you. I hope that the next few days bring you joy, peace and happiness as well as limited pain so you can enjoy each and every moment.

For any of you that are spending this holiday alone please remember that you are part of a bigger family now. My WHL family is just as important to me as the family members that I can wrap my arms around and I know the others feel the same way. You are important and you are understood. You may be alone in body but you are not alone in spirit.

Please have a safe journey to wherever you are going and I look forward to hearing some wonderful stories when everyone returns.
    Last edited by tgal; 12-24-2010 at 11:29 PM.
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Well said Mari. Merry Christmas everyone!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Merry Christmas and may the peace of Jesus be in your hearts. Love Bonita I am so glad to know all of you

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Always so thoughtful Mari,thank you.Merry christmas from me to you all too.

Lots of love
    Amanda.xxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Thanks

That was lovely Mari, Merry Christmas to you too.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

One more thing...

A special "Thank You" and "Merry Christmas" to Conrad, Saysusie and Rob. The love, support and work that you do to keep this place up and running smoothly means the world to me. As was just mentioned in another thread each person here has touched my life in so many ways but without the 3 of you that would not have been possible. From the bottom of my heart I want to wish you a very Merry Christmas and thank you for keeping the home for my second family (WHL) as wonderful as it is.
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tgal View Post
    One more thing...

A special "Thank You" and "Merry Christmas" to Conrad, Saysusie and Rob. The love, support and work that you do to keep this place up and running smoothly means the world to me. As was just mentioned in another thread each person here has touched my life in so many ways but without the 3 of you that would not have been possible. From the bottom of my heart I want to wish you a very Merry Christmas and thank you for keeping the home for my second family (WHL) as wonderful as it is.
    Couldn't agree more! Merry Christmas to all of my WHL family and friends!!!!!
    Lauren

Thanks

Very beautifully written, Mari. Merry Christmas and a Healthy New Year!

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tgal View Post
    One more thing...

We aim to please! Truth is, it's an honor, and priviledge to be able to do what I do here. WHL would not be what it is without all of you. You folks make this place much more than just another website, and your words are far more than just simple letters on a page. Thank you all for being the caring, warm souls you all are. Merry Christmas, one and all.

Rob

PS- Be sure to drink your Ovaltine, and don't shoot you eye out!

Thanks

Well Christmas is coming to an end here, so I will share how my family celebrated Christmas:

Chrismas Eve is a tradition in my family. WE head off down the beach and eat fish and chips. Then we watch the sun going down so we can think of the next time we see the sun it will be Christmas day. Then we go driving around the suburbs for a couple of hours looking at Christmas lights (people decorate their houses with Christmas lights). We usually drink egg nog, but the ones you buy in cartons at the supermarket. While driving around we listen to and sing Christmas carols that are broadcasted on the radion. WE head off home around 10 or 11 at night, the kids go to bed and just after midnight I fill up everyone's Christmas stockings, with cheap novelty items and lollies.

Christmas morning we sit around the Christmas tree and open our presents, and the kids laugh at all the items they get in their stockings. This year was the first time my sister in law decided to host a Christmas breakfast. Usually we meet up for tea, either at her place or ours. But this year was very different but very nice though. Lunch time we headed off to my daughter and son in law's house for lunch. I spent all day Christmas Eve helping my daughter get ready for the day. After eating lunch we sat around the Christmas tree and opened our presents, then after our lunch had settled down we had Christmas pudding and hot custard. We headed home late in the afternoon, and just crashed in our lounge room watching Christmas movies. This is the first year that we have spent Christmas night not entertaining. It was a nice change from getting home late at night totally exhausted.

That is how I spent Christmas in 2010. And of course, we had our air conditioners on high, because it is difficult to celebrate Christmas other wise with the temperature reaching close to 40C or 104F.

Enjoy the rest of your Christmas celebrations, I would be very interested in how other people celebrated Christmas.
    Last edited by Linda From Australia; 12-25-2010 at 06:05 AM.
    Diagnosed with Lupus - 22 June, 2010