Thread: Gout

Thanks

Default Gout

Have been having a problem for a week with gout in left foot, went to ER saturday, upped my prednisone to 20mg for three days and call my rheumy on monday. ( why does the doctor always ask you if it is tender and when you tell him yes, I mean the thing is inflamed and red, he pokes it to see if you will back hand him or not?) The increase in pred. did nothing. My whole foot is swollen up and hobling around on crutches. Make the three hour drive today to see my rheumy. I've never had my whole foot swell up before and i've never had a problem controling my gout until now.

I mean really, if this Lupus really needs something to attack there is this gout thing in my toe you could go to work on. hehe, turn lupus on itself:~}
    Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulations, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort wich we ourselves are comforted by God. 2 Corinthians 1:3

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Oh man Scubagramplit! So sorry about the gout! I did laugh about the ER doc. That is such a true statement! Good luck at the rheumy today. Keep us posted
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

Well, it's official, I have a pretty bad case of gout. You have to love a good doc. My rheumy walks in the door and takes one quick look at my foot and just says lets diagnose it. I love the no nonsense approache how ever I also knew what he was talking about when he said diagnose it. Is there a modicon that shows a patien grabing the table with both hands eyes pinched shut and teeth gritted in an attempt to stiffle the screams while beads of sweat form on his brow? I think ouch is appropriate:~} I think doc and nurse had too much fun at my expense. LOL Bad news, gout good news, gettin it fixed and tests to check for underlying conditions and follow up.
    what a deal though. ya get down to 4mg prednisone then they stick big vials of steroids in your shoulder and toe. I should be wound up for a couple of days think?
    Merry Christmas all. God Bless. Jim.
    Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulations, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort wich we ourselves are comforted by God. 2 Corinthians 1:3

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

I love how you find the humor in everything! Even in the gout post you make me chuckle. Hope you get to feeling better soon! keep us posted
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~