Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Checking in, then flying to Texas

Thanks

Cool Checking in, then flying to Texas

Hi Everybody,
    I'm just checking in before we fly out in the morning. I'm all packed, the refrigerator is empty, and the cats are getting suspicious because their travel boxes are out of storage. We'll drop them off at Purrfurably Cats in the morning and then drive to the airport.

Jeff's surgery was eventful! The doc took out the little lump, which was one of the familial lipomas, which he and his brothers are prone to. It's just a little fat deposit, and it's not anything to worry about. This one had settled in his scrotum, which was a bit strange.

The doc also shocked him by saying that he wanted to go ahead and do the surgery for his Peyronie's disease while he was at it. At least Jeff didn't have time to worry about it - he found out five minutes before they put him to sleep! His face was priceless when Dr. Lue came to talk with us in pre-op. So now, his male part is wrapped up and healing and poor me gets no hanky-panky for six weeks. At least after those six weeks, he should be back to normal. If you're curious, look up Peyronie's - it's not been fun.

Kayla and Kyle are already in SA, and she is already not getting along well with her sister Hillary. Meghan, Tyler, Ryan and their two dogs will arrive late tonight. We'll get in tomorrow night. Tom will drive in from Houston Tuesday or Wednesday night. Heather and Eric won't get in 'til late Wednesday night because Eric has been delayed on his business trip to Germany. We're hoping that he manages to get to London tomorrow so that he can get a flight to NYC.

Think good thoughts for me, my friends. I'll have to run interference between all of those young people, and I'm out of practice.

I'll check back in when we get home on Jan. 3.
    Happy Holidays to all and have a wonderful, pain-free New Year!
    Hugs and Love,
    Marla

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Happy Holidays to you and yours, Marla! Please take care of yourself and try not to over do it. Enjoy the family and we will see you on the 3rd!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Blog Entries
    Thanks

wishing you and your family a merry christmas, marla.

i had to chuckle about running interference between the young ones....it has already started between my girls, and i just stand in awe, and get out of the way. they have been at this for many years, and now i watch in amusement as they battle, then just as quickly, they hug and kiss. ho ho ho....have a wonderful week with your family.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Blog Entries
    Thanks

happy holidays hope you have wicked time and can't wait to hear your stories!!

much love heidi, dan and bolt! x

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Have a safe trip, and a Merry Christmas Marla!

Rob

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Merry Christmas and I hope you have a safe and wonderful trip.
    "With gentle hands and the heart of a fighter, I am a survivor!" - Reba McEntire

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Have a safe trip & have a Merry Christmas!!!
    Lauren

Thanks

The young'uns simply need their Mama to come down to Texas and knock some sense in to them! To top it off, poor Marla won't have the benefit of her boy toy for stress relief during all the madness

Sorry to hear the girls are acting up, but hope they realize how childish their behavior is and start acting like adults so everyone can enjoy the holidays.

Savour the time with your family and tell us about your darling grandbabies when you get back. Oh, and if I recall, you have one celebrating his first birthday while you're there....... Merry Christmas and a Healthy New Year!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Merry Christmas Marla have a lovely trip.
    love
    Amanda.xxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Thanks

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by BonusMom View Post
    The young'uns simply need their Mama to come down to Texas and knock some sense in to them! To top it off, poor Marla won't have the benefit of her boy toy for stress relief during all the madness

Sorry to hear the girls are acting up, but hope they realize how childish their behavior is and start acting like adults so everyone can enjoy the holidays.

Savour the time with your family and tell us about your darling grandbabies when you get back. Oh, and if I recall, you have one celebrating his first birthday while you're there....... Merry Christmas and a Healthy New Year!
    BonusMom,
    You are so right on ALL counts, my friend!
    We're here in Texas, riding herd on the whole crew. I'm cooking a lot!
    Hope your Christmas was great and the New Year will be wonderful!
    Hugs,
    Marla