hello my name is Wende
I have been diagnosed with Raynaud's I am currently seeing a Rheumatologist and am in the testing process. Had 2 appts with the rheumy thus far, my initial appt. was a question and answer session in which he told me I had symptoms of Raynaud's, that I do not have fibromyalgia as I don't have enough trigger points and told me I would need blood work.
My second appt the doctor didn't tell me the results of my blood work, just asked me how my symptoms were. Told me he needed to put me on norvasc but that he couldn't as my blood pressure is normal. So instead I need to take an aspirin a day and return in a month or two and than he will decide the proper course of treatment. I don't understand what all this means. I went to him expecting to learn that there is nothing wrong with me and that my aches and pains are nothing but my imagination. Instead I got told I must return to him.
I have some symptoms of Lupus but not the characteristic rash so I assume I don't have it. And I think he would have told me if my blood work said I have that would he not? I meant to tell him a few of the other symptoms I have that I didn't think were related but, according to some websites are.
Can anyone tell me, if their doctors just used aspirin in their initial treatments for this? I would rather not take any meds but, if I do have this or some other autoimmune disorder I would rather I am being treated correctly by this doctor.
I hope this post finds you all well or as well as can be with what you must have to live with. Sorry if any of this post is invasive and I will gladly answer any questions you may have.
Thank you in advance for any information you can give.
Wende