Thread: Disability and SSI Denied

Hybrid View

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Default Disability and SSI Denied

Well after jumping through every hoop since June for the SS/SSI people I was informed today that I am not sick enough to receive any disability or disability insurance. Although it is clear that I can no longer do the job I was trained to do they see no reason that I can not do some kind of less stressful, menial type job (their words).

So let's see. I have seizures, I can't drive, I can't be in the sun or in florescent lighting, I can't sit or stand for long periods, some days I can't get out of bed. Any ideas about where I can work that will provide insurance?
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Ok, so now it's time to think this out. What is you background? What do you know? My first thought was receptionist in a doctor's office with the flourescence turned off. A doctor would be understanding. Not panicking, try to think calmly as to what's next to do.

Hugs and good thoughts and prays
    nonna.

Thanks

First thing is that we are going to appeal. Due to my memory/brain issues it would almost impossible for me to work now. I am feeling better today I just had a small panic attack last night. I was warned that this is how it usually goes. It will all be ok. It just takes time
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Definitely appeal. My advocate told me that people are denied because there is not enough information given and to appeal, appeal, appeal until you are given a reason for denial, or you are approved.
    "With gentle hands and the heart of a fighter, I am a survivor!" - Reba McEntire

Thanks

In the states 70% of all applications are denied the first time no matter what they are given. I will be fighting it and I appreciate your support!
    Mari

~Winston Churchill~

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Wow. Definitely keep on fighting.
    "With gentle hands and the heart of a fighter, I am a survivor!" - Reba McEntire

Thanks

I was so sick and in so much pain I went into a psychotic stage of Lupus. I ended up hanging myself from the tree in my backyard and did a stint in the mental hospital. Turns out if your nuts it's easy to get on disability and SSI. Thank God I survived.

Thanks

Oh Mari, I am sorry! I know you have been counting the days, hoping to get insured. It blows my mind that they would deny you, and then tell you to go get a menial type job. I'm glad you are going to continue to fight, you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    Oh Mari, I am sorry! I know you have been counting the days, hoping to get insured. It blows my mind that they would deny you, and then tell you to go get a menial type job. I'm glad you are going to continue to fight, you are in my thoughts and prayers.
    Hey Gizmo,

This is an old thread and I actually got approved last year however insurance doesn't come with it for the first 2 years! After backdating I will get my Medicare in Oct. of this year. There is a catch 22.. I MUST continue taking all my meds and seeing docs but I have no insurance to help with that.

LOL Gotta love it!
    Mari

~Winston Churchill~