Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: more sick than ever, and isolated

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,732 Times in 1,205 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OHMEOHMY View Post
    it IS really great to be in touch w/people who can understand. due to the responses, i've gone ahead and started back on plaquinil, and am hoping it will help.
    an issue for the last several days...want to know if this sounds familiar to anyone, (and also asking because OF COURSE can't reach my new dr.) :
    alot of extra inflamation all over, i can feel it in my whole body as extra pain, extra stiffness, and all around my eyes is visable swelling, even my eyelids are swollen.
    could this be the sjogrens, or kidney involvement, or just another inexplicable funky zig or zag that lupus likes to 'suprize' one with? it's comforting to have found this site, and i hope i will be able to help others as i have been helped.
    THANKS ALL!
    Have you spent any time in the sun or in florescent lighting? For many of us that can cause the things you mention as well as rashes in some. As frustrating as it is you do need to talk to your new doc about this because he/she is the only one that can tell you about kidney involvement or things like that. Just remember that it may take up to 6 months for the plaq. to really work so don't give up. We are here for you until then.

As for the comment about you helping others...of that I have no doubt!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

Welcome, OHMEOHMY! I'm glad that you don't want to give up, because you are very worthwhile. I understand feeling isolated and depressed because I've definately been there many times, and the one thing I've learned is that those feelings aren't forever. Some things that make me feel better when I'm down are watching a funny movie or tv show, or calling someone who loves me and talking about funny things, or walking outside even for a little while and looking at the trees and now the snow and being in nature.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by OHMEOHMY View Post
    it IS really great to be in touch w/people who can understand. due to the responses, i've gone ahead and started back on plaquinil, and am hoping it will help.
    an issue for the last several days...want to know if this sounds familiar to anyone, (and also asking because OF COURSE can't reach my new dr.) :
    alot of extra inflamation all over, i can feel it in my whole body as extra pain, extra stiffness, and all around my eyes is visable swelling, even my eyelids are swollen.
    could this be the sjogrens, or kidney involvement, or just another inexplicable funky zig or zag that lupus likes to 'suprize' one with? it's comforting to have found this site, and i hope i will be able to help others as i have been helped.
    THANKS ALL!
    Hi OHMEOHMY,
    I've got the swelling at the moment in alot of places plus the stiffness but concerning your eyes and the swelling it's the Sjogren's Disease and if you ever feel numb in your face that's off the disease also, as it starts with the face and muscles and slowly works it's way down.
    Like yourself i wondered what this was till i saw the sister at the hospital and she told me it was off the Sjogren's, i've had strokes in the paste and when your face goes numb it feels like a stroke but it's not it's how it affects the muscles and my eyes/nose seem to swell more during night time.

Love Terri xxx