Thread: im new to all this got diagnosed for definate today,

Hybrid View

Thanks

Unhappy im new to all this got diagnosed for definate today,

Hi my names Tanya im 32 and got diagnosed with SLE today even though i have known for a while that i have it. I have suffered with Thrombocytepenia when i was 21 after giving birth prematurely at 30 weeks. I have also had another premature birth which sadly resulted in me losing my son at 18hrs old. I am lucky tho in that i do have 5 happy healthy children. I am also currently drained. I currently have a rash over my arms and knees which is itching me like mad lol. My mother also has Lupus but we dont really know a lot about it she was diagnosed just a couple of yrs ago.

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Hi chikababy! Welcome to WHL! I am so glad that you found us. I am sorry about the loss of your son. I know how hard the loss of a child can be. Getting the diagnosis, while difficult, has to have given you some peace of mind. Just take a deep breath and know that it will be OK. You have found a place with wonderful people that will be here when you need a place to vent, cry, yell, ask questions or just talk. This is a place where people will understand what you are going through and because we are a family we will be there whenever you need us.

Welcome to our Lupus family. I look forward to getting to know you
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

thank you tgal, just trying to get to grips with the site.

Thanks

It takes awhile but please feel free to Pm me if you have any questions. Also, often times a few of us are chating in the chat site on the main page so feel free to stop by there. We are here for you
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

5. The Following User Says Thank You to tgal For This Useful Post:

chikababy (12-14-2010)

Thanks

Hi, sorry, I'm 33, known for like 8 months or so, just checking into forums/sites right now. It sucks. Hopefully talking on here will help.
    Daniel

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheWolfman.com View Post
    Hi, sorry, I'm 33, known for like 8 months or so, just checking into forums/sites right now. It sucks. Hopefully talking on here will help.
    Daniel
    Hi Dan and welcome to WHL! This is such a sucky disease but it really does help to have people around that understand. This site saved me because when I came here I was feeling really alone and confused. There is a lot of good information and some wonderful people here. Welcome to the family
    Mari

~Winston Churchill~