Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question about sleeping

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,742 Times in 1,211 Posts

Default Question about sleeping

This is one of those things that I thought was just me and then speaking to someone in chat this morning I thought I would open it as a topic. How many others stopped sleeping in a bed? I can no longer sleep in my bed because I can't lay flat. I have slept on the couch with my head propped up for about 6 months and today I moved a recliner back inside from the garage. When I lay flat the entire room begins to spin and i start feeling sick. Also if I am in a period of difficult breathing it makes that worse as well.

Are there any others with these issues or is it just me?
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I still sleep in my bed but the only way I can sleep comfortably and without pain is if I am on my stomach, any other way hurts. I also have two pillows otherwise I can't breathe and get very congested.
    "With gentle hands and the heart of a fighter, I am a survivor!" - Reba McEntire

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I sleep on my bed, but I have a stack of pillows you would not believe. I alternate from flat to reclining. twice a night.

I need to be up to breathe sometimes and other time for acid reflux

Who know, who care,
    I'm still piss at Tgal's pharmacist

twitchy nonna

Thanks

Well I am not as bad as you guys, but I sleep in a recliner sometimes when I have bad asthma. But it isn't a restful sleep though, I would much rather sleep flat on a bed, which I do when I don't have asthma
    Diagnosed with Lupus - 22 June, 2010

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

I came to the conclusion that there will be enough time to sleep when I'm dead, so I stopped. (Never felt rested anyway when I did sleep)-smiley face

The real answer, is that my sleep patterns are so disrupted and screwed up, that I sleep wherever and whenever I am able to. Sometimes bed, sometimes couch, sometimes in the easy chair. Some of my problem is the obvious one-being uncomfortable and in pain. The other, is seasonal. Here, the change of the time of when the sun sets is so drastic, and happens so quickly, that it just plays havoc with my internal clock. In July it's daylight until 10:00 at night, and the days stay very long through November. But this time of year, you suddenly find that it's pretty much pitch black at 3:30 in the afternoon. It's feels like it should be something like 9 o'clock in the evening, when it's actually more like 4 in the afternoon.

Last night I got some good sleep, and I woke at 12 noon, and I've only been up for three hours and the sun is setting. It just messes with my head.

Rob
    Last edited by rob; 12-13-2010 at 01:35 PM.

Thanks

I sleep better with a generic Novafoam temperpedic type bed from Costco for about $600 shipped to the house. Pain levels go up and down with cold, dampness, etc., so I switch from bed to recliner to warm baths, etc.

Thanks

I have truouble sleeping period. wether its chest pain, stomach pain, headaches, pain...more pain, trouble breathing, well you get the picture lol, anyway I bought a "wedge" pillow looked on line and they were kind of pricey, but I went to boscovs and got lucky they carry them for around 15 bucks. It helps.

Thanks

I have trouble getting comfortable. It takes a combination of 3 pillows and an extra comforter I use as a support to get into a comfortable position - mostly on my side with my head raised and neck supported. If my head is flat on the bed I'll have a headache when I wake up. Sometimes my calves swell and it feels better to have them elevated on yet another pillow. I've never thought about sleeping in a recliner, but might try that sometime.

Thanks

I can sleep flat on the bed, but I can't stay asleep. We have a tempurpedic foam on top of our mattress, which Jeff loves for his bad discs, but I hate.
    I wake up every two hours all night, alternating between pouring with sweat and freezing because I kicked off all of the covers. It takes me forever to get back to sleep, since the legs are all cramped up in pain and spasming.
    What I wouldn't give for eight uninterrupted hours of sleep!
    Hugs,
    Marla

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by magistramarla View Post
    It takes me forever to get back to sleep, since the legs are all cramped up in pain and spasming.
    What I wouldn't give for eight uninterrupted hours of sleep!
    Hugs,
    Marla
    Marla , the neuro gave me a muscle relaxer that I take every night before going to sleep. It really helps the spasms and I can sleep
    nonna