Thread: Prayers for Porchy / Julie

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Prayers for Porchy / Julie

Some of you might remember Porchy (aka Julie) from being on here a little while ago and some of you may have met her on FB through mutual friends on here and right now she really needs some prayers. She was dealing with some bad back pain she thought was Lupus or Fibro related and after several weeks of trying traditional therapies, her doctors finally listened to her and ordered an MRI to check for further causes. The MRI reveled a spinal tumor. She's going back to the doctor today for a second MRI and bone scan and other cancer tests to see exactly what she is dealing with and what her options are. It's been a rough year for her with a diabetes diagnosis not too long ago and this back pain that is now so much worse than originally thought so please keep her in your prayers. If you see her on FB, you probably already know she isn't letting a little ole thing like cancer keep her down. She is still as hysterically observant about life and living with cats and with chronic illness as ever and she's still keeping busy on her business but she knows things are about to change real soon and she needs some prayers so lets wrap her in a giant WHL (((GROUP HUG))) and add her to our prayers.
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,743 Times in 1,212 Posts

Hugs and good thoughts going out from me! Thankfully she kept on them and hopefully this can be taken care of quickly and easily!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

I certainly do remember Porchy. One of the most optimistic and positive people I've ever met here, not to mention she has a great sense of humor. I am sorry to hear she is dealing with this. To go from backache to tumor has to be an absolute shock. I will keep her in my thoughts, and in my hopes that she will come through this OK.

Rob

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Good thoughts and Hugs and Prayer for Porchy

Nonna

Thanks

I also remember porchy, I will join in on the group hug.
    All the best to you, Julie.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I also know porchy and so sad to hear her news.Sending her gentle hugs and hope she takes it one day at atime and knows we all care and will be thinking of her.

love
    Amanda.xxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Blog Entries
    Thanks

i DO NOT THINK I REMEMBER HER BUT MY BEST WISHES AND PRAYERS ARE WITH HER. bONITA

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Just wanted to give you all an update - Julie's doctor's think the tumor is beneign and do not want to do anything invasive at the moment as what they are currently doing is also managing her pain. She will know more in 2 weeks when the bone scan results come in.
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Thanks

I remember Porchy, too. She's another fellow Illinois native. We're a tough bunch of Midwesterners - nothing gets us down for long.
    I'm glad that the tumor seems to be benign.
    I'm also joining in on the group HUG.
    Marla

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Sandy thanks so very much.Gentle hugs to Porchy.xxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx