Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Massively Ticked Off!

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Angry Massively Ticked Off!

This afternoon I went to get two new meds filled. I wasn't feeling very well and the lights from the store were really bothering me. My skin was turning red, itching and burning so I will admit to my mood not the best.

The pharmacist called me back to go over the new meds and he asked me if I was taking any other medicines (this is not where I get mine filled. They are not open on Sunday). I said yes I am on 11 others and I made sure to take them with me so the doctor had seem them all when she gave me these two. I did, however, give him a rundown because a 2nd set of eyes never hurt. The IDIOT first off had the nerve to tell me (from the 2 minutes of talking) that the pain in my head was most likely a heart attack and I needed to lose weight. After I took the knife out of my chest I looked at him and quietly asked if he had ever been on steroids for a long period of time. He stated that he understood but I really needed to work on getting healthy ". (really? ya think?) He then asked why I took an anti depressant before proceeding to inform me that I really need to find a way to get happier with my life so I can get off of those. There are many people in my same situation or worse and if I could just be more positive and start taking better care of myself I might could turn this all around.

I ended the conversation by quietly saying that there are plenty of people worse off than I am and I know that. I then walked off and found the lady I rode with. By the time I hit the car I was in tears! I couldn't believe this man that I had never met in my life had the nerve to tell me that this was all in my head and if I would get in better shape and "think positive" I could be cured!

I don't have crying breakdowns often. I did today. I hurt a lot last night and I teared up from that. I haven't slept since Friday night so I am tired and when this man said that to me I just lost it. I know people think I am crazy and usually I can laugh it off but this time it just ticked me off and really hurt my feelings!

I am over the crying now but I am still ticked and needed to vent with my fellow crazy folks! I wanted to pass on this mans "wisdom" and let you know that all you have to do is eat right, get healthy and think positive and this all goes away!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I amvery sorry that you got treated that way. He was very rude and out of line. Hope you have a better day tomorrow. You can vent here any time and we all will understand where you are comming from. Love Bonita

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Mari, he was way out of line. If that was a chain store I'd report him the corporate headquarters. But damn he had no right to do that to you. I'd have given him a large piece of my mind if I'd been with you. this little ole Italian American has her dander up.

For you nothing but Hugs and Love and good thoughts. Sweetheart we are always here when you need us.
    Nonna

Thanks

i amsorry mari that thispig of a man had the hide to lecture you try to pay no attention he is just ignorant take care my friend hugs kiml

Blog Entries
    Thanks

mari,

that man was way out of line. and rude to boot! i agree - if it's a chain, write a letter or call and complain. you didn't deserve that treatment and neither do others. you can also write to your state dept of health too if you want. when I'm in situations where people are arrogant about our health situations I can only think God bless them that they may never truly understand what it is to live like this and please help them to be more aware of how their actions affect us. (((hugs)))

Sandy
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Thanks

I am sorry too, that you had to listen to that kind of BS.
    This German ( me), I know, would have eaten this man alive and spit him back out in two minutes flat.
    I get very well versed, when I am mad at somebody. I will put this person in his place, in no time at all.
    My FORMER pharmasist, told me I couln't get my Ambien refilled, because I should still have two left. I told him that I was going on vacation and needed them refilled TWO days early.
    I called my doctor and my insurance, they both were ok with it, but this jerk said that had a bad feeling about it and that he could not do it.
    So I told him to give me my prescription back and then I told him that I don't appreciate that he treaded me like a junkie and that I will talk to his employer. And that I from now on, will take all my prescriptions to the pharmacy at the corner.
    His boss actually called me at home, it's a local grocery store, he apologized to me, but I told him that I am not willing to do any business with his pharmasist ever again, because I am 54 years old and don't like to be treated like a child.

Next time my friend, don't take this kind of abuse, tear him apart, with words.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Mari,

Too bad you didn't have any one of us with you! We would have all told him where he could go & what he could do w/his opinion! It's bad enough that we worry about being treated like hypochondriacs from doctors/er,but for a pharmacist to say something like that! Just blows my mind! Let me at him! ((((HUGS))))
    Lauren

Blog Entries
    Thanks

What a brazen little fool he is! Ignore the ignorant little twerp. I wish someone had been there to help you rather than hurt you. I'd like to chew him a new one! a pharmasist has no say in what we should do. He isn't a doctor, and the reason for that is now quite clear. He has no idea what it's like to go through all of this, and although it's easier said than done, try and get him off your mind. I'd talk to his highest superior. It'll get him to straighten up his act. xxxx
    "I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish he didn't trust me so much"- Mother Teresa

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

As is tradition here at WHL when these sort of people tick us off, I would like to dedicate this song to Tgal's Pharmacist in his honor-

It's slightly NSFW-

www.youtube.com/watch?v=3i6OrOZwtmA
    Last edited by rob; 12-12-2010 at 06:55 PM.

Thanks

Sounds like a total tossa!

Forget scum like that, strangely enough I have noticed the difference in the way people treat me when on different amounts of steroids. When I am unable to feel myself and need more help than ever, on a large amount pred, people look down on me like im some low life unhealthy loser. Then when im on a smaller dose and back to my good old self, and have all the energy and spark again people treat me well and want to talk with me. It makes me so mad because when I really need help and someone to talk to, people arent there, however when your strong and steady again they come right back.