Thread: Bad UTI

Thanks

Default Bad UTI

I was in a lot of pain yesterday. My mom made me stay home from school and Im really glad she did. I went to the doctor because of my lower back pain (kidney) and found out I have some kind of infection. They assume its a UTI. I had blood, white cells, and protein in my urine. I took another sample to the hospital to have it tested more and I wont know anything til Friday. I was hurting so bad earlier my mom called the doctor back when I was just there a few hours before. They told me to take a lot of Ibuprofen so I did then I fell asleep for a few hours. Woke up feeling better but Im worried about when the medicine wears off. I hope Im better for school tomorrow.

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Oh Ritzbit I hope you feel better soon! Please keep us posted and let us know when the test results come in
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Blog Entries
    Thanks

(((Hugs))) Hope you feel better soon!
    Lauren

Blog Entries
    Thanks

(((HUGS))) I hope that nasty infection clears up quickly. I never had a UTI but it's my understanding that you should be drinking lots of H2O right now.
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Thanks

I have been home sick for 3 days. Because on top of a UTI I somehow picked up another infection. They think its an upper respiratory infection. They checked for strep and the flu but it wasnt either of those. I was having the worst body aches. Im feeling a little better right now but I have all my medicine in me. I couldnt keep any of it down yesterday. This month has been the worst start to my worst part of the year. Winter does me no favors. My family has holiday stuff planned this weekend that we do every year but I wont be able to because most of it involves walking and being outside.

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

I am so sorry it has been a bad few days for you. I am glad the doctor checked for strep because that can get bad really quickly. I know the winter months are hard and the holidays are physically and emotionally hard on many of us. Just remember that we are here if you need us. I hope you get to feeling better soon
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~