Thread: Moms surgery

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Moms surgery

My Mom was diagnosised with breast cancer and she had her surgery today and she had it done under local anstheia and could come home afterwards. The doctor thinks that she will not need any radiation or chemo. We will have to wait for the pathology report he said it was a very early cancer and contained to a small area. My sister had to take her because i had to go in the or myself for and epidural steriod injection in my back. I get the series of 3 about every 6 months to a year. trying to avoid my 3rd back operation. Bonita My mom is 81 and had a total hip replacement in march because she fell and broke her hip and i think she is a strong lady.
    Last edited by Bonita; 12-07-2010 at 04:01 PM.

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,743 Times in 1,212 Posts

Thank you for updating us on this Bonita! I am glad she made it through the surgery OK. She sounds like a very strong woman. I know where you get it!

Hope you back is feeling better since the injection. My thoughts are with you and your family
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Thank youi Tgal. Bonita

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I think she is a strong lady too! How did she handle the surgery? I hope she is able to rest and recover from it quickly. How are you feeling after your injection?
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

My back is now feeling better this is something i have to live with and i am trying to avoid my 3rd back surgery. Because of the degenerative diease in my spine i have lost most of my disck at l5s1 and i have bulges and hernations else where. I also have a cage and plates and screws at t11andt12 because of a work related injurt that put me on dissability before i found out i had lupus and myosistis. My Mom is a stronger person than she thinks she is. She is doing very well and i hope she continues. Thank you for caring. Bonita

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I have an aunt that had to have back surgery. Multiple ones in fact b/c she fell through a manhole cover when she was working for the highway dept cleaning the side of a road. She's actually quite lucky to be alive. I remember that before her surgery she would also have to get shots from the pain management doc to try to avoid surgery (obviously didn't work for her). After the surgery she's a lot better. She had a neuro-stimulator inserted.
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.