Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Head Pain

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Default Head Pain

OK Everyone I have a question. I have a new thing happening today and I am not sure if I know how to explain it but I am going to try. I have migraines and have since I was a small child so what I am speaking of is not a migraine.

I am having this pain on the left side of my head starting at the temple. It doesn't fill the whole side of the head like a migraine and it doesn't go into the eye like sinus or stress. It isn't constant but it goes from really sharp pain in the temple and then it slowly changes into a numb/tingling feeling. Occasionally it will spread down behind my cheekbone right in front of my ear.. Part of the time I feel ok and then the pain will hit for 1 min to 5. After that it turns into the tingling thing in a larger part of my face/head (all on the left though) and then it all goes away.

Does anyone have anything like this or know what it is?
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Mari,
    I'm not sure about what it is, but I don't think I'd mess with it. A trip to the ER might be in order.

Please keep us updated

Good thoughts
    nonna

Thanks

Thanks Nonna. It slowly got better last night. Went from minutes to seconds and I haven't had any since about 3AM. I have been off my fibro/sleep meds for about a week and my steroids for about 4 days. I think my body just has to adjust. Thanks for your concern!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I think you should call the dr if you aren't going to go to the ER. Headaches are not something to take lightly when they are unusual in appearance.
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Thanks

Since I no longer have insurance my doctors charge more then I get in a month. Thankfully it went away. If it comes back I will go have it looked at. Thanks for the concern
    Mari

~Winston Churchill~

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I'm still concerned, like Sandi I think this may be a sign. When will you know about the disability or am I confused? That it focused on one side bothers me. Take care, we need you here, so does your daughter.

Hugs and Good Thoughts
    Twitchy Nonna

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I'm having the same thing- same side. what it is my dr. has no answers for it. can't seam to word it right. I feel like i'm speaking a dif. language or something. If you get an answer from yours let me no. MommaD

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Mari anymore of those weird headaches?

Thanks

OK Nonna. The head pain came back tonight. Funny thing is that it came back the same time as our cold front came in. I am, however, going to go have it checked out as soon as someone gets home. I will let you know what I find out. Hopefully it is simply "one of those weird autoimmune things"
    Mari

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

Went to the ER last night just to make sure. Pain meds, IV dose of steroids and a CT Scan. CT scan was fine, of course blood work was OK so they sent me home with information on "headaches" no matter how often I said it wasn't a headache. I feel better that it isn't a clot or something but I still have no faith in doctors
    Mari

~Winston Churchill~