Thread: Blood tests & urine tests done

Thanks

Question Blood tests & urine tests done

Hello: I have been recently diagnosed. Had blood tests done and my Rheumatologist says I have Lupus. My only symptoms seem to be fatigue and muscle aches sometimes. Still very confused about this and in denial. Dr. has put me on
    300 mg. of Plaquenil. I am worried about the effect it could have on my retina.

How can I be absolutely certain I have this disease? I used to have so much energy but when I hit menopause, it all went out the window. I blame the lack of energy, fatigue, sleeplessness, loss of libido on menopause and the fact that I have been
    on antidepressants for years.

Today was a good day for me. I was able to do the things I wanted without too much
    fatigue.

Thanks for all your help.

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,742 Times in 1,211 Posts

Hi Omy and welcome to WHL. Although the doctors have us go get eye exams yearly plaq. does not usually cause any eye problems on the lower doses like we take for Lupus. The problems have come when the people are taking it at higher doses for Malaria. Finding out you have Lupus while you have only the mild symptoms is actually a very good thing. Starting on the meds now may mean you never get more than I mild form of Lupus.

There are tricks you can learn to make things a bit easier on you (like staying out of the sun and/or florescent lighting) and so you have more good days then bad. As you go through this adjustment period just remember that we are here for you and will be glad to help in any way that we can
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tgal For This Useful Post:

omy319 (12-07-2010), Saysusie (01-22-2011)