Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: Heaping plate of fatigue with a side of guilt. What is your fatigue like??

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    TN/North MS
    Posts
    152
    Blog Entries
    4
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 11 Times in 10 Posts

    Default Heaping plate of fatigue with a side of guilt. What is your fatigue like??

    A lot of times on a cold day I have more fatigue than actual pain. Well, let me explain it differently. If I weren't on morphine the pain would probably still be noticeable, but a lot of times I still hurt through the pain medicine. The pain doesn't come through as much, but the fatigue is IMMENSE. I was going to get up and go to church this morning, but I could NOT get going. I mean it was like I had 10lb weights on my legs and eyelids! haha. I guess I have to laugh about it, but of course I feel guilty. I ran around with my parents yesterday all day because today is my Dad's b-day. I feel so guilty that I was too tired to go to church with him, but well enough yesterday to go to lunch and Christmas shopping. My inner voice says that I know I can't help it, but still you know how that is. I hate dissapointing my dad because he never dissapoints me. What is your fatigue like? I'm really curious about how it feels with everyone else. Mine is flu-like. If I keep going through the fatigue it's like trying to run under water.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Southampton, UK
    Posts
    22
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Islablue View Post
    A lot of times on a cold day I have more fatigue than actual pain. Well, let me explain it differently. If I weren't on morphine the pain would probably still be noticeable, but a lot of times I still hurt through the pain medicine. The pain doesn't come through as much, but the fatigue is IMMENSE. I was going to get up and go to church this morning, but I could NOT get going. I mean it was like I had 10lb weights on my legs and eyelids! haha. I guess I have to laugh about it, but of course I feel guilty. I ran around with my parents yesterday all day because today is my Dad's b-day. I feel so guilty that I was too tired to go to church with him, but well enough yesterday to go to lunch and Christmas shopping. My inner voice says that I know I can't help it, but still you know how that is. I hate dissapointing my dad because he never dissapoints me. What is your fatigue like? I'm really curious about how it feels with everyone else. Mine is flu-like. If I keep going through the fatigue it's like trying to run under water.
    I think I understand how you feel. I used to feel terribly guilty and thought people would think I was lazy. When I had fatigue at its worst I could just about manage to struggle into my clothes, what seemed like an impossible feat of endurance at the time, then I'd have to go back to sleep. A trip up or down the stairs was made on my bottom and elbows and was a very very slow process. I once slept for three days and nights.

    It still happens on a much smaller scale. I feel as though my legs are made of lead and I just need to stop and sit down, it often hits me all of a sudden. Sometimes I suddenly feel incredibly tired and worn out. It happened at work last week and someone asked why I was walking funny as though I'd had an accident. I didn't realise I was walking funny. I was embarassed and just said I don't feel well and want to go to bed. She didn't get it at all.

    Try not to let this get you down, it will pass and you will feel better. Don't ever let go of your hope.

    Stef

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    TN/North MS
    Posts
    152
    Blog Entries
    4
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 11 Times in 10 Posts

    Default

    Girl, you better believe I won't ever let go of hope at all. None of us should. I just think I will always feel a little guilt missing things because of Lupus. I know what you mean, the feat of getting dressed and ready for something is like a mountain climb, isn't it? I just like to hear what everyone has difficulty with. Everyone is different, but we all seem to find difficulty with fatigue.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Southampton, UK
    Posts
    22
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Islablue View Post
    Girl, you better believe I won't ever let go of hope at all. None of us should. I just think I will always feel a little guilt missing things because of Lupus. I know what you mean, the feat of getting dressed and ready for something is like a mountain climb, isn't it? I just like to hear what everyone has difficulty with. Everyone is different, but we all seem to find difficulty with fatigue.
    Your description of trying to run under water is a good one. I've thought of it like trying to run through glue or as though someone has tied concrete blocks to my feet. Also as though a heavy weight has descended on me.

    Interestingly, I've had a headache for a week and none of the headache tablets have worked. I remembered to take the allergy tablet today recommended for my rash and hurrah, the headache has gone away. The medicine is Chlorphenamine Maleate, recommended on the box for insect bites, allergy, skin reactions and hayfever, but not for headaches!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Atlanta Area - Dacula and Boca Raton
    Posts
    1,817
    Blog Entries
    12
    Thanks
    381
    Thanked 404 Times in 327 Posts

    Default

    Stef a lot of headaches are allergy related so allergy meds work.

    My fatigue is like no energy, no desire to move, no strength at all, just want to lie there. I sing in the choir at church; so you know I feel guilty when I don't go. I've been called lazy all my life. Back in the 70's when CB radios where popular we had nicknames. I was given the name "Sleepy".

    It hits us all differently, that is one thing I've over this last year. We are all affected differently

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Southampton, UK
    Posts
    22
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nonna View Post
    Stef a lot of headaches are allergy related so allergy meds work.

    My fatigue is like no energy, no desire to move, no strength at all, just want to lie there. I sing in the choir at church; so you know I feel guilty when I don't go. I've been called lazy all my life. Back in the 70's when CB radios where popular we had nicknames. I was given the name "Sleepy".

    It hits us all differently, that is one thing I've over this last year. We are all affected differently
    I had no idea. I've never knowingly been allergic to anything but hey, if it's an allergy and the anti histamines work, that's the best sort of news and I'm happy. Anything to be free of these disabling headaches.

    I get a mental fatigue too which I assumed was some kind of depression or loneliness. It feels like a block, where there are things to do but I just can't get myself to get on and do them. If I'm at home and feel like that I go to bed.
    Last edited by Stef; 12-05-2010 at 02:29 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •