Thread: A Bit of Wondering

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Unhappy A Bit of Wondering

It's been a year since my question of what's wrong with me, why do I have all these illnesses was answered. And for the first time in my Life I find myself in lethargy. I want to decorate for Christmas, but I don't seem to have enough energy. I love Christmas, it's my favorite time if the year. I love Christmas Lights. It seems like my health has degenerated so fast over the past 18 months. I ask myself - how are you going to take care of your parents when they need you. I'm the only one, my sister lives in Spain. I know I will do what I have to do. I always have. I know now that the Lupus has been active my whole life; they just didn't call it Lupus back then. They didn't look for Lupus back then.
    I'm not expecting any replies; I just wanted to post this. this is the time of year that is supposed to bother people the most in the Northern Hemisphere that is. I suppose I should post something like this in July for our Southern friends. So to all my lupie friends, be of stout heart; we can conquer the unknown, the uncertainty, and the fear.

Oh and I will decorate, I'll find the energy and strength somehow. I feel a little better now that I've typed this out. but the smilies aren't working at all this morning so ;-) is the best I can do.

Love and Good Thoughts
    Twitchy Nonna

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

I think many of us are dealing with these questions right now Nonna. Thank you for putting the worry into words. Thankfully we are all here for each other. I personally don't know what I would do without all of you
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

I know how you feel, Nonna.
    I've simplified my life so much over the past year. When I have things to get accomplished, I just have to "seize the day" when I'm feeling good and get as much done as possible, and then spend a day or so resting up. It's a pain!
    You'll like this - We had three Christmas trees in our big house in Texas. I put up a Victorian tree in the bay window of our formal front living room. The family room was Southwestern, so it had a Southwestern tree, with jalapeno lights. Our favorite went on the dining room table - a Star Trek tree. We've been collecting the Hallmark Star Trek ornaments since they began.
    The Trek tree is the only one that we brought with us to California. We decorated it yesterday. It has The Enterprise, Klingon ships, Romulan ships, a Borg cube, and a large cast of characters from all the shows. Many of the ornaments light up or make "space aged" noises when a button is pushed. One even says "Spock here, Happy Holidays" in Leonard Nimoy's voice. Decorating that tree always makes us laugh!
    I hope that you have a "high energy" day and get your decorations put up.
    Enjoy your holidays!
    Hugs,
    Marla

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Oh my fellow Trekkie how you made me laugh from the quote by Spock. Now I need to go watch ST 4; my favorite one.

Y'all put a ssmmiillee on my face

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

I LOVE my fellow Trekkies! I watched the first Star Trek movie at 4AM today. I love the original but my favorite was Jon Luc... "make it so number 1"
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Mari, I love that line also, I think they used it in the current Chris Pine STrek I'll have to check. Also have you seen Jonathan Frakes lately - gray hair and very heavy.

Marla if you could post a picture of your ST tree, I'd love to see it

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Nonna,

So how are you making out with decking your halls? I'm in your boat too. I won't buy the tree until next Friday, but the apartment definately doesn't look like Christmas yet.
    Sandy

PS- Marla - my stepmother has all the Hallmark ornaments. All of them. Every single one ever made, including all the Star-Trek/Wars etc. She's a little Christmas/Hallmark ornament crazy. If I remember, I will snap a pic and post it on FB so you can see her tree. It really is incredible looking.
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Got the tree here at work done, now I just have to do the one at home. Have of the presents are wrapped and almost ready to ship.

I'm getting there. Who knew how many Trekkies and SciFi Fans are on here.