Thread: Today Sucks

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,743 Times in 1,212 Posts

Default Today Sucks

You know it is the small details that get me in trouble. For those of you without teenage daughters last night was the release of Twilight Eclipse on DVD. Actually, it was this morning at 12:01AM. Twilight is HUGE. Each year there are release parties at stores when the DVD’s go on sale. My daughter, along with several other friends and parents, head down to the store about 8:30 to be first in line so that the teens not only get the movie but also get the “free gifts” that are giving out to the first 25 in line.

I planned this night carefully. I rested all day long. I did nothing but keep my butt on the couch and nap or watch tv in order to participate in this event that is very important to my 15 year old and her friends. I know that I don’t do well in florescent lights so when it was time to get dressed I covered myself in sunscreen (50), long sleeves, etc ect. Ya’ll know the drill. I was ready! We headed to the store and our group was the first in line. The people at the store were nice enough to get us some stools so I didn’t have to stand the entire 3 ½ hours.

Everything was going well until about 10:30 when I could feel my skin starting to burn and my body starting to ache. I reach in my purse to get the sunscreen (because I was a good girl scout and I was prepared) and it wasn’t there! In the rush to leave I left it sitting on the dining table. By 11PM things were getting rough on me. Two wonderful friends went and got me sunscreen to keep it from getting worse but the damage was done.

Today there is not one part of me that does hurt. From my scalp to the soles of my feel I feel like I have been rubbed raw. I use to live outside and now I have to plan to go inside a store for longer then an hour? There is something so wrong with this picture. I use to be so independent and now I won’t even be able to have a Christmas for my daughter.. I know I am only whining and upset because I don’t feel good after last night but today sucks and I just needed somewhere to say that.

This is why this place is so important to me. I can’t/won’t say these kind of things to those in my life because I never want them to feel bad that I hurt or am more sick because of time I spent with them. Thanks for being my place to say things suck when they do
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

hi there from the uk. my daughter loves that one. right now i have no heating four the last four days. i hurt from head to toe. teenagers you have to love them. my daughter has just turned 16. they have no idea.

love and hugs to you girl xx.
    schmetterling chen

Thanks

Oh sue I hope you feel better soon!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Blog Entries
    Thanks

(((Mari))) Feeling miserable right along w/you today! Hope you feel better soon.
    Lauren

Blog Entries
    Thanks

The things we do for love! You'll get extra parent points in heaven. And honestly, no matter how carefully we prepare in advance for one of these big challenges, it's just never enough. Yesterday's marathon doctor day has me stuck to the couch today and it's a Saturday so my son would REALLY like to be doing something that doesn't involve hanging around the house. I hate to disappoint him but that's what today is going to bring. Tgal, you're a hero! You hung in there, got through it and even through today is painful, maybe tomorrow will give you a bit of a bounce back. You're a good mom!

Thanks

tgal I hope that today you are stuck in front of your TV with your daughter watching the new DVD!!!!! OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN!!!!
    Diagnosed with Lupus - 22 June, 2010

Thanks

Hi Mari,
    I couldn't help but think that you should have titled this thread - "Today Bites"!!!
    Yes, I know we do some crazy things for our kids (and grandkids). I talked to my grandson recently and asked him what he would like from California. He replied that he wanted a stuffed whale from the Aquarium. We took him on a whale-watching tour of the bay last summer, and it really made an impression.
    So, while hubby worked on his computer lab project, Grandma went to the Aquarium today. This weekend, admission is free to local residents. I bought David his whale, bought Kyle a plush turtle pillow and found an otter puppet with a matching T-shirt for Ryan.
    Then, I trekked to the mall. Hillary has bought a Hallmark recordable book of "The Night Before Christmas" for each of the little guys. I picked up three copies of "Frosty The Snowman". Our plan is for Grandma to record one, Grandpa the other for the boys. It should make a really neat keepsake for them.
    Needless to say, my butt is glued to the couch this evening. To think, I used to "shop 'til I dropped" with my teens. Oh well, we do what we can for them.
    I hope that your girl is enjoying her DVD and comes to appreciate what Mom goes through for her.
    Oh, and I'm glad that it's you and not me who has to listen to that movie!!
    Hugs,
    Marla

Thanks

LOL @ Today Bites! I wish I had thought of that
    Mari

~Winston Churchill~

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I hope that this is finding you better by now. I know that we do what ever it takes to please our children at all costs and i know your daughter is going to appreciate this very much. I hope you get plenty of rest and recoop. Love Bonita