Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hubby passed his qualifying exams!

Thanks

Wink Hubby passed his qualifying exams!

Hi Everyone,
    We just got home from The Trident Room, where we were buying drinks for the other PHD students to celebrate.
    Jeff took his qualifying exams, and passed all six parts on the first try. None of the others have passed them all without at least one P- or without having to re-take one or two parts of the exam. Jeff is the oldest student at NPS, but he just keeps blowing all of the young guys out of the water!
    He's working now to get his dissertation proposal in by the end of this quarter. Then he has one more thing to do - the oral exam - and he can officially begin his research.
    This PHD is quite an adventure!
    Hugs,
    Marla
    (Who has had three drinks and is now ready to pass out)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Congrats on the wonderful news! Passing all six parts in one shot is absolutly amazing! The Oral will be a breeze for him. Tell him to keep up the great work for me ok?
    "I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish he didn't trust me so much"- Mother Teresa

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Waaaaaahhhhhhh. Whhhhhhooooooo!
    Way to go Jeff and Marla, because he could not do so wonderfully without your support.
    I'm so excited for you both, it's a very hard achievement.

Look at me , some of it's rubbed off. My spellings all right.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

wooohhhhhhoooooooooooooo

congrats to your hubby fantastic news show those youngs how to do it!!! Xxxx

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi marla,

congrats to you and jeff. i remember how nervous jeff was when he first entered the graduate program....now, look at him....thanks to your support, and his efforts, he is blowing all of the norms out the window...again, congrats. i imagine that some of those marvelous meals that you cook contribute to his success. lol
    Phyllis

share a smile today

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,743 Times in 1,212 Posts

Way to go! As the others have already said my (virtual) hat goes off to both of you because it took two to get here! Great job!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Blog Entries
    Thanks

woo hoo!!!! that is great news indeed! congratulations Jeff! and congratulations to you as well Marla for helping him achieve such a great accomplishment! What is his research going to be on?
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Thanks

This is such wonderful news. My friend has just received her PhD. Such exhausting and exciting times ahead of you both. Have fun on this journey
    Diagnosed with Lupus - 22 June, 2010

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Outstanding!!! Such wonderful news and I know that you must be very proud of him. I am so happy for both of you

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Thanks to all,
    For those who asked, his specialty is in cyber-security for the Air Force. As the headlines have shown with all of the Wikileaks stuff going on, security for our government computers is extremely important. That is what he is studying - how to keep computers safe.
    He has all kinds of security on our home computers and is always running scans on them. It seems paranoid to me, but I've never had a virus or anything on my laptop, so I guess it's a good thing. My son was the computer guy for his Marine unit in Iraq and is now the executive in charge of software and training for his company in Houston. I've definitely lived with computer geeks all of my life!
    Hugs,
    Marla