Thread: Elastic band sensation

Thanks

Unhappy Elastic band sensation

So, when I go into a flare, I usually start with this feeling that there is an elastic band at the top of either my leg or my arm, and then for days that limb hurts, aches, and I can't really use it without pain. This week it has been my right leg. Up until today I couldn't stoop or bend, and walking was a joke. I looked like Im 100 years old. During the night I can't sleep without taking sleeping pills, and even then, by the time I wake up my whole body is so stiff that I can't move. I have to roll myself out of bed and slowly get everything moving, limping, whatever it takes.

I love this time of year, I really do, but, it certainly doesn't love me.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hugs and gentle good thought are coming your way. This is a hard time of the year for me also. I'm very easily effected by the cold and dampness. Some days my pain levels are through the roof.

So hugs and lovin'
    nonna

Thanks

I know exactly what you mean about the elastic band. It always feels like I'm fighting against a tight elastic band when I try to straighten out my legs to stand or walk. When I wake up in the morning, it is the worst. I've kept trying to tell the rheumy and the neuro that my muscles seem to be the problem, but they just tell me that there is nothing wrong with my muscles and send me out the door.
    I'm right there with you both, Teresa and Nonna.
    Hugs,
    Marla