Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just Diagnosed. Any one else with numbness and tingling issues?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tgal View Post
    LOL@ Blah blah blah

I am not sure which is more irritating. "It's not lupus related" or "it's just a lupus thing". I swear they should all have to live with it for a week and they would be such better docs!
    You are so right, both of these phrases are irritating and like you, I have heard both.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hello and welcome to the forum.Yes unfortunetly i also have the numbness n tingling sorry you have too.I have also not got the 'lupus' label yet...they took it off me so i know how horrid it is.Hope you have settled in ok,everyone here are lovely...so feel free to ask anything we are here to chat n help always.

love
    Amanda.xxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Thanks

did the dr. do an ANA?
    if so, what was the titer?
    if you in fact have lupus, you've probably been plagued for year w/strange medical problems/symptoms. i would like to know what lupus symptoms you have, aside from the CNS symptoms you describe.
    lupus can attack any organ, or organ system, in your body. CNS involvement is not rare, but tricky to both diagnose and treat.
    have you has a brain MRI, and did it show lesions?
    BTW, the butterfly rash is truly not always butterfly shaped or even there at all. sometimes it's simply a redness on your face, chest or even upper arms. it can come and go, sometimes smoothe and flat, sometimes raised.

Thanks

No, she didnt check my ana, but a year ago it was done and it was 1:80. recent blood work showed Low positive rheumatiod factor, Sm antibody positive, something for inflammation was pos, and I cant remeber the rest. I have had 2 mris done, one in 2008 and one in Feb 2010,(both with contrast) both normal. My symptoms started 7 years ago with chronic UTI's. intersitial cystitis, pleurisy about 2 times a year, joint pain in my hands and stiffness in hands, 3 miscarriages. then in 2008 I rapidly got worse with numb toes, then raynauds, then numb and tingling in hands and feet, lots of nerve pain with it, nauseua, muscle spasms, trouble talking. I was better for a little while till Jan this year and got chronic headaches, numb in face and back, joint swelling and redness in thumbs and toes, for about 4 months my scalp was red and hot and I lost tons of hair(my scalp was also sore), pain in face and cheeks(very sore thought it was tmj but told it was very mild tmj), I also get a lot of infections, like 5 mastitis, and kidney infections.
    Besides the rash on my scalp, I have never had a rash on my body that I can remeber. I am hoping the plaquenil helps, been in it for 3 weeks and thankfully have not had any major side effects.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I get numb feet a lot and sometimes numb hands. That hasn't been addressed yet and I am waiting to see my 3rd rheum.
    "With gentle hands and the heart of a fighter, I am a survivor!" - Reba McEntire

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hunniebun View Post
    I get numb feet a lot and sometimes numb hands. That hasn't been addressed yet and I am waiting to see my 3rd rheum.
    That much be a common thing to ignore, Hunniebun. Mine igored it too and I hear it from so many
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~