Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hi, another new member

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by magistramarla View Post
    Hi Stef,
    Welcome to WHL.
    I think that a lot of us can look back over the years and see that mild symptoms of AI issues were there all along. I know that I had mild symptoms as a teen and young mother, but it was never diagnosed and I lived my busy life.
    It's just been in the last few years that I've gotten a diagnosis and the symptoms have gotten bad enough to be noticeable, and I'm 53 now.
    Good luck with those tests - let us know what you find out.
    Hugs,
    Marla
    It must have been a shock to find you'd been living and managing with an illness; had you known earlier maybe you could have been more comfortable with yourself knowing you were at some disadvantage, and could have rewarded yourself better for your achievements instead of living with an eternal unrecognised struggle. That's how I feel.

I feel much calmer now that I have a sensible explanation for my troubles, and the nagging doubt that there is something ugly hidden in the background that is not right has gone away.

My Nan lived undiagnosed with MS for most of her life. My family thought she was lazy but would never have said so to her. Poor Nan, she's passed away now.

Thanks

Yes, I watched my mother and my aunt go through all of this, too. It was very common on my mother's side of the family to see the older folks with symptoms that all of us here at WHL would recognize.
    We were eventually told that they had Alzheimer's, but I'm thinking that it was all AI related. My mother took her disabilities badly, was angry at the world, and lashed out at everyone, especially me. I'm so thankful that I have a better understanding of what is going on with my body. I know that feeling of anger and helplessness, but I know to blame the illness, not those that I love.
    Hugs,
    Marla

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by magistramarla View Post
    Yes, I watched my mother and my aunt go through all of this, too. It was very common on my mother's side of the family to see the older folks with symptoms that all of us here at WHL would recognize.
    We were eventually told that they had Alzheimer's, but I'm thinking that it was all AI related. My mother took her disabilities badly, was angry at the world, and lashed out at everyone, especially me. I'm so thankful that I have a better understanding of what is going on with my body. I know that feeling of anger and helplessness, but I know to blame the illness, not those that I love.
    Hugs,
    Marla
    Another thing, when letters are used in short I usually struggle to remember what they stand for. I'm finding they are used a lot on the forum. I'll have to write myself a list!

My granny had alzheimers or the other illness that is associated with loss of the mind...I forget what it is called. I've been living in fear that this was what was happening to me, but very early. I'm 38!