Thread: Newby

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default Newby

Hi. My name is Brittnee, I was injured in the military and this led to my Lupus. Seven years later....my symptoms are worse than ever. It took so long to get a diagnosis and getting the meds right is so difficult. I hope there are folks out there that can relate.

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,742 Times in 1,211 Posts

Hi Brittnee and welcome to WHL! I am so glad you were finally able to get a diagnosis. It is so hard for so many because the blood work simply does not want to cooperate (there are many threads in the forum about just that topic!). Please feel free to make yourself at home. Read through the old threads or make new ones if you want to.

There is so much that is going on in with us that most people just can't understand so it is really nice to be able to talk to people that understand things that only others like us will "get". Welcome again and I look forward to getting to know a fellow Texan!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Hello Brittnee,

Welcome to WHL. I served too, six years in the Army. I would be interested in hearing about your injuries, and their relationship to your Lupus diagnosis. Many people have suggested to me that my autoimmune disorders might be from hazmat materials I handled (I was a tank crewman), but I've not found any real link. If it's something you would like to talk about, I'd be interested in hearing your story. If not, that's OK too. Either way, welcome, and please make yourself at home here.

Rob

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,742 Times in 1,211 Posts

I too want to thank you for your service. I usually do that right out of the box but we can blame it on brain fog tonight (grins)
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

Hi Brittnee,
    Welcome to the WHL and we're a lovely family for you to turn to but i'm very sorry to hear you lost a career you must have adored but i wish you well with meeting the member's and the forums will help in a large way, as they've realy alerted me besides studying the illness.

Terri xxx

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Brittnee:
    I want to salute you and honor you for your service to our country. I am so sorry to hear that you have developed this disease and that it has gotten worse, rather than better. It is not unusual for us to have to experiment with our medications and/or their dosage before we finally find a treatment regimen that actually works. In this respect, we all can understand what you are dealing with.
    Please know that we are here to help you as much as we can and we want you to know that you are not alone. I am so glad that you are here, welcome to our family.

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!