Thread: By Golly, I think I've figured out something you all probably know!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Wink By Golly, I think I've figured out something you all probably know!

I've had energy the past few days. I mean, do laundry, dishes and even grocery shop. Mostly, my mood has improved. I finally figured out what has changed. It's been overcast and rainy. I never thought the sun had that much affect on me even though I'd heard it was a huge contributor to our problems. Grant it, I do hide inside from yard work but I thought it was just because I was tired. Now I understand! From now on, it's the overcast days that I will make the most plans for.

For those of you even newer to autoimmune than me, trust those who know and follow their lead. I would've definitely had more productive days if I had listened!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Wish I could say it was the same for me, but it hasn't worked that way at least for me

Thanks

Hi serand4,
    Yay.... it took me forever to figure that out, too.. Just didn't really believe it could be the sun's fault. Now that it's been a couple of months with long sleeves all the time, the sores on my arms are gone! Enjoy your energy days!
    God Bless,
    Deb
    "You do not have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body." C.S. Lewis

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by serand4 View Post
    I've had energy the past few days. I mean, do laundry, dishes and even grocery shop. Mostly, my mood has improved. I finally figured out what has changed. It's been overcast and rainy. I never thought the sun had that much affect on me even though I'd heard it was a huge contributor to our problems. Grant it, I do hide inside from yard work but I thought it was just because I was tired. Now I understand! From now on, it's the overcast days that I will make the most plans for.

For those of you even newer to autoimmune than me, trust those who know and follow their lead. I would've definitely had more productive days if I had listened!
    I moved from the Desert Southwest to Northern New England to escape the sun. It made a huge difference. I'm happy when I wake up to an overcast day. You would like it up here. We're so far north and east, that in the winter the sun sets at about 3:30 in the afternoon. I've learned to love the cloudy days. I mean, I actually wake up and if I see the sun shining, I groan and go back to sleep. But if it's an overcast day, well, I'm ready to get out and go do some things.

Rob
    Last edited by rob; 11-30-2010 at 09:39 PM.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

That's the funny thing though. rainy days usually cause depression but it seems that it makes us better. Happy to kow that I'm not the only one who doesn't care much for sunny days. For some reason the light doesn't effect me much, but it's the heat that does. *shrugs* Anyway, enjoy your happy energy days!!
    "I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish he didn't trust me so much"- Mother Teresa

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwhisper View Post
    That's the funny thing though. rainy days usually cause depression but it seems that it makes us better. Happy to kow that I'm not the only one who doesn't care much for sunny days. For some reason the light doesn't effect me much, but it's the heat that does. *shrugs* Anyway, enjoy your happy energy days!!
    I really enjoy going for a walk when it rains. Not the sideways Noreaster type of rain, but the light, but steady rain you get during a summer storm. Being out in the sun, is really overrated in my opinion.

Rob

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I'm sorry Noona. I wished some of this stuff worked for everyone. I just wish there was some consistency in this diseaase. God bless.

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,743 Times in 1,212 Posts

I can't handle the sun at all (and of course I live in Texas). I can't handle the light (UV indoors or out) nor the heat. I have spent more time indoors this year then I care to think about. I know everyone hates winter and I am feeling it in my joints but I am so glad that I have been able to be outside a bit due to clouds and 60 degree weather!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Sounds like heaven! Of course, New England is definitely some of God's finest artwork (or so I hear, I've never been). I have set plans to move to Ohio when I no longer have family in this area. My parents are elderly, though they are the one's taking care of me right now! My bestfriend lives near Cleveland and even a couple of years ago I would've never considered going North. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the ocean and my son and I were set to move to Florida or Texas eventually. Now I know that the best way to make God laugh is to make plans! He'll change them every time! And after our last visit (I went to Cleveland Clinic a year ago) I knew that they were my true family and who I needed to be near when my parents were no longer with me. I can't believe I'll look forward to the constant overcast weather, but at least I'll have the energy to live life!

Thanks

I moved from South Texas to Northern California 14 months ago, and I feel better here. We're right on the coast, so the temperature is fairly level and pleasant. It's rare when the low goes below 40, and folks here complain of the heat when it goes over 70. We also get lots of those days of that ocean fog that San Francisco is so famous for. Some people complain, but I love those days.
    I'm dreading moving back to Texas in two years.
    Oh, and we used to live near Dayton, Ohio when Jeff was stationed at Wright-Patterson AFB, and we loved it there. We had friends who had been stationed in England, and they said that the weather in Dayton reminded them of London. Many people complained about the overcast that started at the end of Oct. and lasted until April, but I didn't mind it at all - and this was long before I was dx'd with AI issues.
    Hugs,
    Marla
    Last edited by magistramarla; 12-01-2010 at 04:59 PM. Reason: Got my daughter to finally hang up the phone!