Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dec 1st- Pay it forward

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Default Dec 1st- Pay it forward

Dec. 1st is the 2nd Annual "Pay it forward" day. It is a day that people are asked to do something nice for someone else. Buy someone a cup of coffee. Let the person who has two items in line get in front of you when you have a basket full. Be creative just do something nice for someone else!

I, for one, plan on making a special effort to "Pay it forward" tomorrow. I can't help but think it would be a wonderful world if everyone did this daily
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

I will certainly "Pay It Forward" tomorrow and will continue to try to do something nice for someone every day! It is not always possible and sometimes not easy..but i will try

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Last edited by Saysusie; 11-30-2010 at 05:23 PM.
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Me too, what a nice idea, it will be hard; especially after today's headaches. I swear Good pennance to pay goodness forward. I'm in

Thanks

What a great idea. I will certainly do it. Btw, I have let somebody in line go ahead of me today.
    And tgal, you are so right, it would be nice if the world was like that all the time.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I've honestly been paying it forward WAY too long for other people, almost all of which don't appreciate it so, it's pay it forward to me time.
    "With gentle hands and the heart of a fighter, I am a survivor!" - Reba McEntire

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hunniebun View Post
    I've honestly been paying it forward WAY too long for other people, almost all of which don't appreciate it so, it's pay it forward to me time.
    *hugs* I know what you mean. When I see someone in need I do my best to help. Although like you said, when you help out, you chance getting walked on (some more than others). Not everyone is the same though. I was "paid forward" to the wednsday before thanksgiving, when 'angels' came and dropped off a food basket because I was outside of my house. There is a longer story to it, but I'll leave it at that. My point is though, is that someday you will get everything back that you give.

My deed today was giving my notes to the girl next to me since she missed a day. Her deed was she lent me her notes today when I forgot my glasses. ROFL!!
    "I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish he didn't trust me so much"- Mother Teresa

Blog Entries
    Thanks

My last post just showed up. sorry for the double post.
    "I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish he didn't trust me so much"- Mother Teresa

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I did mine i went to the surgeon with my Mom because she was diagnosised with breast cancer. We got good news hers is and earlyu cancer and she will have a partial mysectomy on and outpatient basis next tuesday and the doctor said that he does not think she will need chemo or radiation. Then we went for lunch. Bonita

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bonita View Post
    I did mine i went to the surgeon with my Mom because she was diagnosised with breast cancer. We got good news hers is and earlyu cancer and she will have a partial mysectomy on and outpatient basis next tuesday and the doctor said that he does not think she will need chemo or radiation. Then we went for lunch. Bonita
    Oh that is wonderful news! I am so happy for ya'll! That just made my day
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I just wanted to let you know that my Mom got somewhat good news at the surgeons office. She still has cancer but it is very early and confined to the ducts in the breast but one leaked some cancer cells and it is pretty much in the same area and they are going to do her surgery as and outpatient under local anethesia with needles and get it all. The doctor thinks she will ot need radiation or chemo but will have to wait for the pathology report. Because of her heart this was the best way to do it. Unfortunetly i will not be able to take her but my sister will i am going for and epidural in my spine that day. I have been in pain and on the heating pad for 3 days again. My back went out from laying on the body scan table and then the mri table. Bonita